*****KatKwiz! - March 26 - Far out, man!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you should refresh to refresh?

Hey dude, it like seems the first cats to live near us hep people were like the __________ of ________.

These cool cats were probably attracted by the groovy mice and rats that ____________________.
Apparently, the ancient ______________were like, spaced out over the cats' help in ______________.
In fact, they went zonkers over their cats and gave them a _________.
The cats were considered gods and _________a cat was _____________ by having your gourd squashed.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey dude, it like seems the first cats to live near us hep people were like the African wild cats of Egypt.
These cool cats were probably attracted by the groovy mice and rats that filled the Egyptian grain stores.
Apparently, the ancient Egyptians were like, spaced out over the cats' help in in vermin control.
In fact, they went zonkers over their cats and gave them a central place in their culture.
The cats were considered gods and killing a cat was punishable by having your gourd squashed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Hey dude, it like seems the first cats to live near us hep people were like the African wild cats of Egypt.
These cool cats were probably attracted by the groovy mice and rats that filled the Egyptian grain stores.
Apparently, the ancient Egyptians were like, spaced out over the cats' help in in vermin control.
In fact, they went zonkers over their cats and gave them a central place in their culture.
The cats were considered gods and killing a cat was punishable by having your gourd squashed.
The objective of KatKwiz is to show members where information is located on The Cat Site, therefore questions will be constructed so they cannot be "googled". At times the questions may be worded strange just to prevent this.

Yep, it may be worded strange just to prevent this! But no foolling you on this one. And, who could be as eloquent as Anne! I guess my writing just isn't up to par.
I'll give the answer later but now for the bonus for our other members:

How many times does cat appear in that article? Be careful.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

How many times does cat appear in that article? Be careful.
I counted 34... but I included cats, cats' and cat's... if you just wanted cat, then it appears 7 times in the article. I also included the word cat in the title. Good article too.... I loved it!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I counted 34... but I included cats, cats' and cat's... if you just wanted cat, then it appears 7 times in the article. I also included the word cat in the title. Good article too.... I loved it!
Let's make sure we are all on the same article. As you know from the other day, Anne has done many articles. Cat Snips, then
A Short History of The Cat

And just so we are all together on this, the title counts as 1.

Now, how many times does cat appear in the article?

You (everybody) may submit your answer again.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I counted nine in the article itself. 24 if you include all the links and things on the bottom of the page.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How many times does cat appear in that article?
That was my original question. Nothing about the word cat. Nothing about itself. Nothing about not counting links in the article. Just cat. How many times does it appear? Let's see now, we had a guess of 34 which was the closest. But no cigar.

Reworded: How many times do the letters cat appear (in a row, of course). It would be a catastrophe if you missed it again.

When I want to look for something in an article, I never actually "look". Now this may be browser dependent but look on the tool bar. Second thing in should be Edit. Click on that and then on Find in Top Window. Type cat in the box. Click on Find until you get to the first occurrence of cat in the title of the article. That is one. Keep hitting Find and counting until you are at the end of the article. That's the way I would do it. If you do not have that option, just count the occurrences of cat. No tricks. I have the 700 points ready...

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

I counted 38 - in just the article (including title)
Did you use the Edit function I explained, or did you count the old fashioned way? Anyway, I get 38. So I have to give you the 700 points. I don't understand the other counts. I just had DW do it the old fashioned way and she got 38, and I see a later post with 38, so if that makes you mad, get your 38 out. (Explanation available.)

Geeez. My whole point in this ordeal was to point out that the word domesticate contains the letters cat in it. According to a friend of mine, this proves that the cat was the first animal to be domesticated. Because after the cat, all other animals to be tamed became to be known as domesticated. That's what he says. But he is crazy, too.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did you use the Edit function I explained, or did you count the old fashioned way? Anyway, I get 38. So I have to give you the 700 points. I don't understand the other counts. I just had DW do it the old fashioned way and she got 38, and I see a later post with 38, so if that makes you mad, get your 38 out. (Explanation available.)

Geeez. My whole point in this ordeal was to point out that the word domesticate contains the letters cat in it. According to a friend of mine, this proves that the cat was the first animal to be domesticated. Because after the cat, all other animals to be tamed became to be known as domesticated. That's what he says. But he is crazy, too.
I did the edit search thing and counted the word cat on the whole page. Not just the article.
Oh well.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used CTRL-F (find) then counted them myself.

DomestiCATe - cute theory!

PS - thanks for the points - my first time winning anything