Jake and Holly

prettypusscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jake and holly would like to introduce themselfs they are my pussycats playmates jake is at the back of the picture he is 13 yrs old and half brain dead from epilepsy but gorgeous with it and holly is his beautiful 10 yr old never leaves his side companion

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
is Jake on medication for his epilipsy? My youngest Charlie takes phenobarbitol for his and seems to be doing much better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

prettypusscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

is Jake on medication for his epilipsy? My youngest Charlie takes phenobarbitol for his and seems to be doing much better.
yes he is on phenobarbitol he is on 8 tablets of 60 mlg's each tablet a day its a high dose but he is very bad if i missed 1 tablet he would seize . he had status epilecticus seizures thats why he is part brain dead but he is 13 yrs old and has had this condition since he was 18 months old so i think he had done remarkable
im sorry charlie has it but im gald he is doing well on his tablets its so hard to watch them go through it

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What beautiful pups! I'm sorry Jake has to take medicine everynight, but surviving to age 13...you've done a great job! We have to give Monster (our seizure kitty) pheno everynight because of her seizures. She found an ant trap when she was 4 months old (we thought we got rid of all of them before we brought the kittens home) and she and her brother, Harley, played with it all day until we came home from work. It made Harley sick, but gave Monster seizures which also gave her tunnel vision.

It's heartbreaking to watch your baby go through one, I know. And you have taken such great care of Jake for him to be 13. Alot of people would have just given up. And it's so sweet that Holly watches out for him and keeps in company! Thank you for sharing your fur babies!