How would you react if you found this?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As many of you know, my mom passed away yesterday evening. It was hard on many and all who knew her.

I came home with her best friend to pick out another outfit since the one I gave them the arms were not long enough.

We were outside and I walked around the front and in front of the front door there was a can of air freshner sitting with a note. The note said something to the extent of being good for cat odor stains/smell. There was no name signed.

I know it would not be anyone that has been with us for the past 4 days. No one close that we know. There has hardly been anyone in our house. Our HOUSE does NOT smell. My mother was very particular in her cleaning and made sure you could never tell.

I was fuming! I don't know who could have left it and if it was meant in a tactless and insulting way and I find out who did it, they will have a bloody nose. My mother would be fuming and it has to be a coincidence.

If not, I do not know why they wouldn't sign it. How would you react?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's weird and rude all at once! I'd be offended if anyone ever left something like that on my doorstep period! If they did that because they heard of her passing and assumed you'd be doing extra cleaning out to sell the place....that's despicable.

rickyd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well that just sucks,firstly may i say i'm sorry for your loss,secondly that is just terrible and sick and uncalled for,and if it was me that happend too if i found out who it was they would need the can surgically removed from where the sun dont shine

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will ask the ones I know, but I have a feeling it isn't them because I know they would leave their name.

Not only that, they would also address it to one of us and they would not leave it in front of our door with a post it note attached.

rickyd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
if its a wind up its in very bad taste that's all i can say,obviously they have something to hide hence the reason they weren't brave enough to leave their name,i wouldn't let it worry you,im sure your moms friends and neighbours knew her house as clean and tidy,some folk are just sick minded.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Wow, you don't need that kind of nonsense; sometimes people can be real idiots. Throw it in the trash and try to forget about it.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's ok. It ended up being another cat lover, a great friend, who also knows how stagnic the air can get with kitties cooped up.
She realized after the fact that she should have put her name down.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss
I am glad you worked out where that can came from though, in times of distress it is all too easy to focus on odditites such as this. Sounds as if it were well meaning despite being a little odd. As long as you know the intention was good that should put your mind at rest I hope
You have my condolences.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I'm sorry for your loss
I am glad you worked out where that can came from though, in times of distress it is all too easy to focus on odditites such as this. Sounds as if it were well meaning despite being a little odd. As long as you know the intention was good that should put your mind at rest I hope
You have my condolences.
I know who did it and I love her to pieces. She knows I have been trying to get stains out of the carpet. I was just afraid it was someone that may have knew my mom and was trying to be mean.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sheesh, well I'm glad it turned out to be harmless! I imagine she's a little embarrassed now that she realises it was a little tactless!