And the wedding music is:

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colin and I are getting married this Saturday! We've been working all week on the ceremony music trying to pick out the pieces we really loved, so i thought i'd share the ones we chose with everyone!

Here's what we decided on

Prelude music: Spring from the Four Seasons (Vivaldi)
Sheep May Safely Graze

Enterance of the Grandmother and Mothers: Pachelbel Cannon in D

Processional: Largo from Xerxes

Enterance of the Bride: Bridal March

Unity Candles: Flower Duet (my absolute favorite!)

Rose Ceremony: String Duo “Wachet Auf†(Bach)

Recessional: Wedding March

(those of you who want to listen to some of them- this website has little snipits
www.wedalert.com (under wedding ceremony music))

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I cannot believe its already here, seems like just yesterday you were announcing your engagement!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Wow! I cannot believe its already here, seems like just yesterday you were announcing your engagement!
Aw thanks Kenzie
I'm really excited! We went and got our marriage lisence today- it is crazy how fast the time has flown since we've been engaged. I'm really excited about getting married soon.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have to be so excited!! Wishing you a very special day filled with friends, family, love and lots of sunshine

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, I can't believe it's here already!!!! I'm so excited for you

Great choice of music - particularly Pachelbel's Canon - we had that in our wedding as well and loved it!

Is everything else organised?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much everyone
TCS is definitely a huge part of my life- i love you guys- so i just had to share part of our plans with everyone!

For the most part Sarah, everything else is falling into place. I finally choose the music (it took me ages to narrow it down- i was a MUID major for several years- so i had soooo many favorites to choose from - it was hard- but choosing the music was probably my favorite thing so far!
) I still need to put the two huge urns together and two more other additional table pieces (i'm a lisenced florist- so i'm going all of the reception myself -it's saving me a lot of $ and i can do it ahead of time- gotta love it! My amazing designer friend is doing all of my fresh flowers for the ceremony- i'm thrilled!!) i finished all the centerpieces- just need to do 2 more urns, finish spray painting one basket white for the rose petals for ppl to throw, and i finished designing the program layouts today so we'll print those off tomorrow or thrs hopefully. I'm sure there's more i'm forgetting
I'm working all day on Thrs. so it's gonna be crazy working right up to the wedding but it'll be ok! Friday i'm going in a day early to decorate the reception area so that'll save time as well.

Other than that i think that's just about everything - i already got and wrapped my attendants gifts so i'm ahead on that. I just need to get something for my mom and go pick up some clothes for the honeymoon. (i'm about to go to Khols for that- they're having a sale
)

I think that should just about do it though!
I'm still freaked out that i'm getting married in 4 days- but it's a good freak out- i'm really happy about it!
We also went to our last pre marriage counseling session today with out pastor- so i think we're both pretty comfortable and ready mentally/spiritually for the big day too so that helps a lot!

I wish you guys were closer and could come! I'll definitely post pictures of the wedding when we get back in town from our honeymoon and get them back from our photographer!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cannot believe how quickly this day is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have done an AMAZING job pulling everything together. I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!

How long is your honeymoon (how long are we going to have to wait to have you back?)

Laurie

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Great choice of music - particularly Pachelbel's Canon
I agree! I absolutely love Pachelbel. I love most classical music, but he's one of my absolute favourites!

I'm so excited for you! I can't believe it's just a few days away! I'm excited... I can only imagine how excited...and nervous.... you both must be!

We want to see lots and lots and lots of pictures!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Great choice of music - particularly Pachelbel's Canon - we had that in our wedding as well and loved it!
I really love this, too...... its always so moving. The music you have chosen is so beautiful, Nikki. Which version of the Wedding March are you using?

Im sure everything else will be gorgeous, including you. I cant wait to see your pics.

Many hugs to you and Colin

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay

Ohh! Can't forget the pictures of the wedding! We can't wait to see them!
most definitely! that everything goes off w/o a single hitch [or, if there must be a hitch - let it be a funny one!]

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice music choices! Personally if I were to ever get married, I picture "We're in This Together Now" by Nine Inch Nails playing

No really I am serious.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Nice music choices! Personally if I were to ever get married, I picture "We're in This Together Now" by Nine Inch Nails playing

No really I am serious.
i've always wanted the Hallelujah Chorus [instruments only] as my recessional. my mom says that i can't have that, tho, since if/when i do get married, it'll be too weird because of my age [i'm 50, never been married]. i still want it, tho.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yup, it's a MUST at the majority of weddings.

One fact of the Canon in D - the cello plays the same 8 notes for the ENTIRE piece.

Congrats on the list!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww thanks guys
Ya'll are getting me all excited
I'm really looking foward to being Colin's wife. I'm soo in love with him
We went and got our marriage lisence today- so that was kind of special.

I just got back from shopping a little while ago and had a blast picking out clothes for the honeymoon. (i seriously haven't bought clothes for myself in ages, all of my jeans had holes and a few of my shirts did too, so it was about time

I will definitely post lots of pics when we get back from the honeymoon and all! We're going on the Carnival Fantasy cruise ship for 5 days to the caribbean. It leaves out of New Orleans and goes to Progresso, and Cancun Mexico. The cruise won't leave until the 31st though, so we'll have the whole day after the wedding to pack and drive there
My sister Kimmy is going to come over to our house and take care of the furries for us

The music i'm sooo excited about. Our organist played in NY for years, he just moved back down here a few weeks ago- so we're thrilled to have him play for us!
(he's a dear friend of one of my former music teachers, so i lucked out in booking him!) I'm definitely excited to have two of my VERY favorite songs in there (Largo from Xerxes and Flower Duet.) Those two are just sooo beautiful to listen too!!!!