Im suffering With AAADD

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was recently diagnosed with AAADD - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my flower tubs in the front garden.

As I go to turn on the hose I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

I go to get the car keys from the porch and then notice the post on the porch table.

I decide to go through the post before I wash the car.

I put my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the bin under the table, and notice that the bin is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the rubbish first.

But then I think, I can run down to the post-box when I take out the rubbish, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my cheque book off the table, and see that there is only 1 cheque left.

My other cheque book is in the computer desk, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my other cheque book, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The Coke is getting warm so I decide to put it in the fridge to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the window ledge catches my eye--they need water.

I put the Coke on the window ledge and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my computer desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I put the glasses back down on the window ledge, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. I must have have left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when I go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the living room where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but some spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back on the table, get a towel and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

The flower tubs aren't watered;

The car isn't washed;

The bills aren't paid;

There is a warm can of Coke sitting on the window ledge;

The flowers in the vase don't have enough water;

There is still only 1 cheque in my cheque book;

I can't find the remote;

I can't find my glasses;

I have absolutely NO idea what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to work out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn day, and I'm really tired.

I realise this is a serious problem and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Do me a favour. Forward this message to everyone I know, because I don't remember who the hell I've sent it to.

Don't laugh - if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol! That`s good. I do have moments like that. Or I find myself walking into rooms and can`t remember what I went in there for

dina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LMAO!!!!! that is funny and i laugh mainly cuz that is "sorta" me and im 24. its only gonna get worse.

its ok tho, i get stuff done

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by u8myufo

Don't laugh - if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!
It's got me already.
You just described my life.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not that I would wish that on anyone, but it is kinda nice to know I am not the only one. I still have a sinkful of dishes from the weekend, but I think the laundry in the basket is clean and dry.