Yay Bear!!!!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So... I got a hold of Bears owners today and the Dude said hes still available... and hes gonna be calling me soon to go pick Bear up!!!!!!

Im SOOOOO Happy!!!
I cant wait!!! I talked to the guy about an hr and a half ago and he said he'd call me back in an hr to an hr and a half.. so he'll be calling soon!!! Im gonna post pics right away!! so in a couple hours you'll se him!!!

Still.. the Name change is unchosen... here are the options ((im keeping Bear in the name though)):
Baby Bear
Foxy Bear ((to Girly?))
Tod Bear ((a Tod is a Male Fox.. and he looks like a Fox to me
))
[[other ideas welcome!]]

I just dont like plain Bear as his full name... it doesnt fit him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH BEARS OWNER!!!!! I going to pick Bear up once my mom gets off the phone!!!

So the lady who said they were getting rid of Bear is a Jerk! it turns out the guys Late Wife past away like 14 months ago and he cant keep the dog cuz Bear and the larger dog are always fighting... the girl who lives with him ((idk who she is)) is the one in a rush to get rid of him

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooh! so before I could finish this post.. my mom got off the phone and we went to pick up Bear!! he is so hyper and also.. afraid of cats!
he likes to watch the Rats but he wont go near them, he knows what the leash means and he can fetch!! lol .. ive never had a dog that fetched before.

His collar was to tight on him though... so he needs a new one, ill get that when I go to get him and Bonnie new Tags. He loves kisses and cuddles and following me around!! Ok, ok thats enough.. heres the pics I promised!:

((please excuse the messy floor
and Bear loves my Beanie Babies! lol))...

Dancing...

Ill post pics of how the cats and Bonnie are reacting to him in a lil bit

EDIT:
Oh.. also.. im having troubles with him Marking... have any solutions?? idk what to do, I havnt had a full grown male dog in yrs.

rickyd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH BEARS OWNER!!!!! I going to pick Bear up once my mom gets off the phone!!!

So the lady who said they were getting rid of Bear is a Jerk! it turns out the guys Late Wife past away like 14 months ago and he cant keep the dog cuz Bear and the larger dog are always fighting... the girl who lives with him ((idk who she is)) is the one in a rush to get rid of him

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooh! so before I could finish this post.. my mom got off the phone and we went to pick up Bear!! he is so hyper and also.. afraid of cats!
he likes to watch the Rats but he wont go near them, he knows what the leash means and he can fetch!! lol .. ive never had a dog that fetched before.

His collar was to tight on him though... so he needs a new one, ill get that when I go to get him and Bonnie new Tags. He loves kisses and cuddles and following me around!! Ok, ok thats enough.. heres the pics I promised!:

((please excuse the messy floor
and Bear loves my Beanie Babies! lol))...

Dancing...

Ill post pics of how the cats and Bonnie are reacting to him in a lil bit

EDIT:
Oh.. also.. im having troubles with him Marking... have any solutions?? idk what to do, I havnt had a full grown male dog in yrs.
hes stunning

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
what a cutie! i think any of those names would be fine. i'd probably go w/Foxy Bear, myself. i don't think it's too girly!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanx laureen227 for the Naming advice!

So hes settling in nice.. I kinda went to sleep around Noon and woke up at Midnight.. Bear woke me up twice to go Potty!! he likes to bark at my lil sister for some reason. For now I walk him through the house on a leash and while in the house hes always on a leash ((just till Bonnie is ok with him)) and when I was walking him through the house to go out he spotted my sister and started barking like crazy then my sister walked up to him and he stopped and was friendly.. i let him out then on the way back in through the house he saw her again and started barking... weird.

So far I know he Loves Burger King Tater-Tots! lol
So Bear met Pinky for the first time... he was walking past my moms door that was open 2 inches.. Pinkys nose was poking out from the other side and Bear walked over.. sniffed the nose then walked away... but Pinky.. he insisted on going after Bear! I had to kinda pick Bear up and push Pinky away with my foot till I could get my mom to get him (Pinky). I guess were gonna have to keep and eye on Pinky for a while

I have a new thought on Bears Breed... when I first saw him I thought Chihuahua/Pomeranian Mix... but then when I was letting him out a lil bit ago I saw Corgi in him. Now ive never had a Corgi or even met one.. so idk what there Breed characteristics are.. I just know what they look like and im thinking maybe Bear is actually a Chihuahua/Corgi Mix (Chigi).

I learned while cleaning my room.. that Bear is scared of News Paper... even when its not rolled up.

So those are the updates on Bear.. hes doing great!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

animal planet has breed info, if you want to know more about them: Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Cardigan Welsh Corgi
Thanx!
So far ive learned...Bear likes to use his front Paws to wipe his face, he likes to Jump, hes very active, has a longer snout than a Chi or Pom but also looks like a Chi at the same time... as you can see.. im not use to small dogs

Oh and his fur is a bit thicker than a Chi or Poms.. so theres gotta be something else there.. im still thinkin Corgi ((not sure which type of Corgi though))
Oh and hes got a curly tail... lol.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha!! So bear does not like my lil sister at all!! shes 10yrs old so its not like shes tormenting him... but he just doesnt like her.
This morning when he saw her he started barking then cautiously walked up to her.. sniffed her then came back to sit next to me. Then when my sister went to get off the bed he went crazy barking and growling at her ((Bonnie did not like that at all)) but did not once leave my side. Then a few min later as me and him were walking back to my room my sister was headed to the bathroom and when he saw her he started barking and growling.. but again didnt leave my side.
He doesnt act like that with my mom ((the only other person in our house))... maybe he finds her as a threat to me
But its not a problem.. he'll either get use to her or they'll just have to deal with it. Its not like hes attacking her, so its not a big deal.

I took Bear and Bonnie for a walk this morning... Bonnie had no issues. She walked as if he wasnt there! I think slowly introducing them in the house and talking them for walks together every day will help them get use to each other. Oh and when I walk them im gonna make sure they come back into the house at the same time so Bonnie knows hes here and staying.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's supre cute! I would work on training him to NOT react to your sister. Sure, no one is being hurt but it can me intimidating and you never know when he might leave your side to act on his aggression toward her.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well of course I firmly tell him "No" when he acts mean toward my sister... His growling and Barking never goes unpunished and hes pretty good about calming down when I say "No".

Ok.. new breed idea... maybe Chihuahua/Schipperke Mix or Corgi/Schipperke Mix... or just Chihuahua/Corgi Mix.. ??
Hes got the thick "Mane" like hair around his neck like a Schipperke.
But im still not sure where the curly Tail comes from, either way

EDIT:
Ok I got one even better: a Finnish Spitz/Chihuahua Mix!!
lol ive got a Dog Book in my hands so im looking up breed possibilities.
You know what.. this will be easier.. im gonna make a Poll with all the Breeds I think he is.. you guys vote!