I Am About To Loose My Cool

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG my sister called me, she is very upset, she is going through a very rough time, divorce/work problems/friendship problems and needed to talk. She made me promise to leave the ppl bothering her alone, but i cant help it. i am so freakin angry right now that i am going to explode. Only problem is the person i most wanna do harm to is my brother. He has betrayed my sisters trust, and has been not only using her but being a total jerk. She and i got into it on easter because i got onto her son for something that could have killed him, so she snapped at me and i snapped back at her, all in the presence of my brother. He made it his business to go tell everyone at her work word for word the fight and everything we had done for the day. Causing a fight between her and her friend (well i wouldnt call him a friend he is using her too). Now she is talking of taking her son, packing her truck and running off to start over. I want so bad right now for my brother to answer his phone.... but the little chicken must know i am angry because he wont answer it. So i am debating either going over there and beating on his door until he answers it or going a whole nother route and going after her "friend". Either way, big sister is angry and when i am angry the stuff is gonna hit the fan. I know i promised her i wouldnt say anything but i will not tollerate this. Should i leave it alone like i promised or stand up for her? I am still debating whether it would even be worth risking jail time because i am to the point that i dont care anymore.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quite honestly I would leave it alone like you promised her...I have a little brother and believe me Ive been angry more then once over him...but a promise is a promise and that is why he trusts me so much with his issues...I would wait until both you and your sister have calmed down a bit and see if you can have a family chat with your brother.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would leave it alone, too. If you promised her you can't also betray her trust by then doing the opposite of what you promised!

I know its hard - you want to help her and defend her. Rather than focussing on the people who have hurt her, I think your energies would be better spent helping her through this tough time by being a shoulder and a support and helping her get her life back on track.

Just my two cents though!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

Quite honestly I would leave it alone like you promised her...I have a little brother and believe me Ive been angry more then once over him...but a promise is a promise and that is why he trusts me so much with his issues...I would wait until both you and your sister have calmed down a bit and see if you can have a family chat with your brother.
Little brothers are supposed to be pains in the a@@; that's their job.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You made a promise to her. No matter how much you want to fix it for her, you can't go back on your word.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly sweetie, I would back off, cool off and leave it be just like you promised her. You don't want to be the one who lets her down when what she really needs right now is someone she can count on. Show her that you are the one person who can keep the promises you make
I know it's tough, but it could be the best move you can make right now. Getting angry and losing your cool isn't going to help anything at the moment.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

Should i leave it alone like i promised or stand up for her?
Let her fight her own battles. You getting in the middle will only make things a whole lot worse for her and you and everyone else.

Just be her friend and confident and offer her moral support and a shoulder to lean on as needed.