May my mother rest in peace

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother was born in East Germany and moved to West Germany before the wall was put up. She has 7 siblings that survive her today.

My parents would have been married for 30 years this year.

My mother truly was one of a kind. She was the kind of person who would always stand up for what she believed in no matter the consequences. She really cared about people and always believed and encouraged anyone to pursue whatever they wanted.

She would always tell you an honest answer whether you wanted to hear it or not. She always remained positive no matter what life threw at her. She accepted change at face value and pushed on. If she could not achieve something it would only make her more determined towards a new goal. She would always give money to those in need whether she needed it or not.

People that knew her admired her for her courage, strength and character. She never shed a tear during my lifetime. She was the bravest person I knew and she always believed in me. She pushed forward because of me.

She always took care of me first. She would put other people's needs before her own even as sick as she was. I was able to spend a lot of time with her last year and up until she got sick. I somehow found the strength from within to overcome shyness and demand assistance for her illness.

She would never wish anything ill upon anyone else. She absolutely loved children and animals. She had no tolerance for cruelty towards animals and always tried to do the right thing.

I only hope that she knows I tried the best I could to help her improve. She was in such pain for so long it was hard to come home and see her in that condition. She, least of all people, did not deserve such pain and suffering. Nothing will ever be the same without her.

I am truly blessed to have had her as my mom.
She has inspired people of all ages and is loved by many. Her spirit was strong and her personality shined. I will miss her most since I'm come to understand how truly unique she was.

Here is the thread of how she got sick if you missed it. http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160323

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry about your Mom. My Mom died from Breast Cancer in 1999 and I did a Tribute to her at my Weding in 2003. If you need to talk or anything Pm.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss
I don't know what to say to help the pain you must feel.
Your tribute was wonderful and her personality shines through in the pictures you posted, what a wonderful human being. Sounds like she touched many and made a huge difference in the world, you are lucky to have such a great mom.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An amazing person can only leave a huge hole......remember her for the good things she did....

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish that there was something I could say to make you feel better! I am sending many many to you and your family to help comfort you through this time...If you need anyone to talk to I am only a PM away! I wanted to add that Your mom was a very beautiful woman inside and out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

I wish that there was something I could say to make you feel better! I am sending many many to you and your family to help comfort you through this time...If you need anyone to talk to I am only a PM away! I wanted to add that Your mom was a very beautiful woman inside and out!
She was a beautiful person inside and out.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am thinking of you at this difficult time.

You can see her personality shine through in those photos - she was beautiful.

thezookeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am SO sorry to hear your mother past away. You gave a beautiful tribute to her. My mother died in January due to Alzheimers. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

wiltshiregirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry about your mum.
I lost my dad suddenly 3 days after christmas,and wont pretend it is easy,but your have your good days and your bad.
And she will always be with you in your heart.x

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my, I'm so sorry, so incredibly sorry. Your Mom was such a beautiful, extremely special woman, and made the world a better place. Thank you for sharing her unique attributes with us. However you're managing to deal with this, God bless you.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
your tribute was lovely, and made me feel like i knew her. her photos really show her loving spirit - she was very beautiful, as others have already said.

thank you for letting us know she is now at peace. you're probably really busy now - the loss will hit you harder after all the 'busywork' is completed.
i found that keeping busy was good, at least at first, because otherwise you tend to dwell on 'what could have been' or 'should i have done thus-and-so differently', etc.

rest assured that you did all that was humanly possible, both to try to save her life, and also to let her leave what had become a world of pain for her.

we're always here for you
offering you our and/or our for you & yours to get thru this dreadful loss.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. She was indeed special, and in you, some of who and what she was will live on.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss hun!
It sounds like your mom was a great lady and she was a beautiful woman.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that your mother's illness ended this way. You are lucky to have had her, and I know she will be terribly missed. It is impossible to say the right things, but I wish you and your family strength to see you through this terrible event.