Something the cat dragged in

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butzie gave me a little present the other day. No, not something alive, but she seems to have found poison oak. She slept on my arm. So, I have poison oak on my right arm. No where else.
I asked a woman in my swim class what kind of bites she thought they might be. She said that it looked like poison oak and asked me if I garden. We have a gardner because if I touch a plant in the yard, it dies. I probably could even kill poison oak if I tried. Not going to try now.

Anyway, I bought this Technu cream and I fell better. Luckily, Butzie only must have touched me in 4 places so I think that I have a mild case.

You really know you love your cat when you blame yourself for not giving her a bath.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Butzie gave me a little present the other day. No, not something alive, but she seems to have found poison oak. She slept on my arm. So, I have poison oak on my right arm. No where else.
I asked a woman in my swim class what kind of bites she thought they might be. She said that it looked like poison oak and asked me if I garden. We have a gardner because if I touch a plant in the yard, it dies. I probably could even kill poison oak if I tried. Not going to try now.

Anyway, I bought this Technu cream and I fell better. Luckily, Butzie only must have touched me in 4 places so I think that I have a mild case.

You really know you love your cat when you blame yourself for not giving her a bath.
She actually brought the leaves in the house. Did she get it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butzie is fine, although I should watch her for 1 more day. I am sure that she didn't eat the poison oak, just walked by it or under it. She doesn't have a rash on her skin beneath her fur, is not scratching excessively, and is very content. I am the one who is suffering.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Well, at least she is a caring, sharing, & giving kitty!
Yeah, that's her. So loving, so caring and I so wish that she would learn what that poison oak looks like.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain. When I lived with mom & dad, I used to get poison ivy every year. Rainbow would walk by it or roll in it, and then come in and rub up all over all of us. My dad isn't allergic, but my mom and I would get it. Mom got wise and started wiping her down when she came inside