No email notification

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can someone please help me with this? I don`t know what happened to it but I just stopped getting the e-mails a few weeks ago. I`ve checked and checked and can`t find anything that`s wrong in my Options.

I have always kept an eye on the threads I post in by going through my e-mails and deleting them once I`ve read any new posts so I know where I am. Now I`m getting really confused ( Doesn`t take a lot!
) and having trouble keeping up.

Heeeeeeeeeeelp!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you subscribe to threads?? In the begining I subscribed to all the threads I wrote in and that got to be a bit much so I shut it off. Do you think you might have done that? You might have manually subscribed before and don't now. Or maybe the threads you have wrote in are old and you aren't being updated anymore because of that?

I don't know! Those are my only ideas! I get all my emails when I get PMs and such.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Do you subscribe to threads?? In the begining I subscribed to all the threads I wrote in and that got to be a bit much so I shut it off. Do you think you might have done that? You might have manually subscribed before and don't now. Or maybe the threads you have wrote in are old and you aren't being updated anymore because of that?

I don't know! Those are my only ideas! I get all my emails when I get PMs and such.
Yes, I was subscribed to every thread I`d posted in from when I joined and I deleted them all when I stopped getting the emails. I don`t even get the emails anymore if I get PM`s which is a pain. Tried clearing my cookies too. It`s a mystery!

I`m going to try changing it to my other email address and see if that works.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
This is a recurring problem that nobody has found a solution to. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies, and logging out for several minutes/hours?

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

This is a recurring problem that nobody has found a solution to. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies, and logging out for several minutes/hours?
Oh, thats a bummer

I cleared the cache and was logged off for a few days. Tried re-entering my email address but nothing happening so will change it to other address and see if theres anything in the morning.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The same thing happens to me every once in a while.
I was going along fine, for over a year and always getting e-mails.
All of a sudden one day they stopped and I hadn't changed anything.

I cleared the cookies, did a disc clean-up, defraged, rebooted, cleared my history even got rid of some of the very old subscriptions, none of that worked.
So I set up a special e-mail address just for TCS, for about a week that seemed to solve the problem.
Then the same thing started to happen all over again.
One day I wasn't getting any e-mails and then a couple of days later I was getting them again.
Sometimes I'll get them four or five days after they've been posted.

So to make a long story short, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I've never been able to get it to work the way it used to no matter what I try.
I just chalked it up to one of those unexplainable glitches that happen from time to time.

If you ever figure out how to fix it so that it works all of the time, please let me know.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes they weren`t in there but it`s been sorted out now thanks to Stephanie!
Hurrah!