forgot to freeze,ooops

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought a whole raw chicken from the market on Friday, I was planning on cooking it Friday night but didnt and i forgot until right now to put it in the freezer. My problem is this chicken is missing the tag thats normally on it that has the sell by, freeze by dates, so I have no idea if its to late to freeze it. What would you guys do? Its in my fridge right now, but im scared to freeze it if its not good. I have gotten chickens before where the sell/freeze by date was either that day or the next, so im worried this might be one of those but i have no way of knowing.

What should I do?
Thanks

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always heard that once it defrosts you have to cook it because of bacteria. I would suggest cooking it and then refreezing it.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I would go ahead and freeze it... as long as you cook it well before you eat it there should be no problem.
Ditto. It was bought only a couple of days ago and kept in the fridge. Freezing it at this point should be fine. I do it all of the time actually.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiteforest

I've always heard that once it defrosts you have to cook it because of bacteria. I would suggest cooking it and then refreezing it.
Sorry, I misread that it wasn't frozen before. You can still freeze it if it was a raw chicken.