TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › *****KatKwiz! - March 24 - KatKwiz!*****
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*****KatKwiz! - March 24 - KatKwiz!*****

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
It's free now, but not for long.

A pass to play in the Arcade will cost __________ points per day.
(Include tax.)

DO NOT tell how you found your answer, please just fill in the blank.

This is your official arcade point provider!
post #2 of 20
A pass to play in the Arcade will cost 1086.65 points per day.

I hope that's right!!
post #3 of 20
well i hope you get the right answer, but thats kinda expensive especially for the people who dont have as many points. I havent read up on it that well but i hope there is a per game pass because the ones of us who work/etc cant sit and play all day and it would be a waist of points to pay for a daily pass that we can only use for a couple hours verses ppl who dont work and can play all day on the same amount of points. Im thinking it would be cheaper to stick with pogo and use my points for gifts/contests around here.
post #4 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulena View Post
A pass to play in the Arcade will cost 1086.65 points per day.

I hope that's right!!
Math is never wrong! You are today's KatKwiz Whiz!
Congratulations!

Answer: Click on Shop Menu.
Click on Most Sold.
Click on Arcade Pass.
Do the math. (The pass is weekly, so you have to divide by 7.)
If you did not have enough current points, you would have had to move points.
If you had less than 7607 points, you would not have been able to answer this question.

Therefore, today's bonus question is only open to those with less than 7607 total points:

Bonus: Now how many games are available in the Arcade?

KatKwery (Cat Query)
Starting April 1.
I have been working KatKwery (Cat Query) into the standard KatKwiz game after points have been awarded for KatKwiz. In the past, that ended the thread. Dead thread. In attempt to make things more interesting, and to keep the thread alive, and give another chance for winning points, KatKwery will give a question directly related to the KatKwiz question for that day and ask for an opinion. This keeps the thread alive with new opportunies to win points for those that are so new they do not know their way around The Cat Site enough to answer the main question. KatKwery requires no specific knowledge. Just an opinion on the KatKwiz question. Prior to the KatKwery, the cats will have selected a secret word directly related to the KatKwiz question. If you are the first to use that secret word in your reply to KatKwery, you win the 700 points that recently have been paid as bonus points. This is getting long, but yesterday was a pefect example.

The KatKwiz question had you find a collar for sale. As usual, the first person to find it won 2,000 points. This is the basic KatKwiz and in no way will change. When I announced the winner yesterday, I also included the KatKwery for the day:

Do your cats wear collars? Why?

So now, people who missed out on the KatKwiz can just give their opinion of the question and if they are the first to use the secret word, they win the 700 points. BTW, the cats had selected breakaway or break away as the secret word. That would have been a fairly easy word to come up with since the collars in question were breakaways.

That's it! I am pm'd suggestions by our members and I really like this one.

So, two parts, not two games. The first part for teaching purposes and the second part to encourage some opinions about the subject and try for the extra 700 points. I think it will be fun! Anyway, we shall see. There are no restrictions whatsoever as far as time contraints or number of entries. For instance:

Person 1: I have collars on all my cats, it's the thing to do.
Person 2: But I have heard of too many cats being hung by these.
Person 1: But if you use breakaway collars that is not an issue.

Person 1 wins for using the secret word.I think we will have it down pat by April 1.
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
Bonus: Now how many games are available in the Arcade?
171


Wow! I've played a lot of them but not THAT many yet!
post #6 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuleNag View Post
171


Wow! I've played a lot of them but not THAT many yet!
BUT, none of those will pay you 700 points!
post #7 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondrebel76 View Post
well i hope you get the right answer, but thats kinda expensive especially for the people who dont have as many points. I havent read up on it that well but i hope there is a per game pass because the ones of us who work/etc cant sit and play all day and it would be a waist of points to pay for a daily pass that we can only use for a couple hours verses ppl who dont work and can play all day on the same amount of points. Im thinking it would be cheaper to stick with pogo and use my points for gifts/contests around here.
The cats have decided to have a special KatKwery today.

What do you think of blondrebel76's comment?
(The cats have chosen a secret word, 700 points to the first to use it.)
post #8 of 20
Woohoo!! Thanks you KatKwiz Kats!! Once we have to start paying to play in the arcade I will even be MORE appreciative of these extra points!!

Quote:
What do you think of blondrebel76's comment?
I agree that the price to pay is steep. I still consider myself a newbie to the board and I mostly read posts and don't make too many posts. One week of play will wipe out my points. I guess it is a good thing I am staying involved in KatKwiz, 'cuz that will be one of the ways I'll be able to keep playing!
post #9 of 20
Just as an FYI, a weekly arcade pass is NOT going to cost you 7600 points. We haven't determined the exact cost, but it won't be anywhere near 7600 points
post #10 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
Just as an FYI, a weekly arcade pass is NOT going to cost you 7600 points. We haven't determined the exact cost, but it won't be anywhere near 7600 points
And I am sure many people are thanking you right now.

At the time the question was asked, that was what showed up. But this is very good news to hear, that it will not be that expensive. I was hoping that it cost enough however to drive more people to playing KatKwiz, as MuleNag alluded to. So Paulena answered correctly at the time and I forgot to mention that Paulena was a first time winner!

BTW, as will often happen when KatKwery becomes a daily thing, I myself have used the secret word.

And now our members can rest assured that the Arcade will NOT cost that much, and I always can count on our moderators to set the record straight! If nothing else, today's KatKwiz has alleviated a lot of fears that I noticed in other posts, hence the question for today.

KatKwery is still open and will remain open until the secret word has been used or the post falls into obscurity.
post #11 of 20
Well blonderebel will probably be happy to know that it won't cost 7600 points for an arcade pass.
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
Just as an FYI, a weekly arcade pass is NOT going to cost you 7600 points. We haven't determined the exact cost, but it won't be anywhere near 7600 points
Whew!! Thanks for clearing that up! Off to play more games....
post #13 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuleNag View Post
Whew!! Thanks for clearing that up! Off to play more games....
I was thinking about using a question tomorrow about all of those icons you have in the upper right corner - but it is changing so fast I'd better forget about it.
Whatever the cost of an arcade pass ends up being, don't forget that just by saying the secret word, you can probably stay funded in the arcade forever. Unlike the main KatKwiz, there is no limit to how many times you can win KatKwery. The final rules will be posted before April 1. One of the exciting things about this feature is that there will be a "Super Bowl" playoff. The eight top point earners at that time will compete to play in the KatKwery Bowl for the World Championship. The cats promise you this is going to be exciting. KatKwiz will remain as it has always meant to be, a chance to win big points while learning something every day about the best cat site in the universe.
post #14 of 20
So I wonder if you buy like a week pass if there will be a time limit to use it. I can see blonderebel's concern there. People aren't going to want to waste their point if they don't have time to play.
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
I was thinking about using a question tomorrow about all of those icons you have in the upper right corner - but it is changing so fast I'd better forget about it.
I fear I am quickly becoming an arcade addict!
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuleNag View Post
I fear I am quickly becoming an arcade addict!
Oh me too. I'm hooked on that bubble shooter game.
post #17 of 20
Thanks so much for the points, I was hoping that I figured it right, thanks again!!
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
The cats have decided to have a special KatKwery today.

What do you think of blondrebel76's comment?
(The cats have chosen a secret word, 700 points to the first to use it.)

I agree that it is really expensive, but I see the mods have already mentioned that it wont be that much, whew! Its been a lot of fun playing in there (my favorite game is already gone though, wahhh!) I still havent figured out just how points are earned (other than just posting? Honestly I dont know how people answer the Kat Kwiz, I can never figure out anything, lol) but I know Ive been around for a little while and mine sure arent adding up to much yet. And like blondrebel76 mentioned, we dont want to use up all our points on the arcade and have none left over for gifts!
post #19 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa View Post
I agree that it is really expensive, but I see the mods have already mentioned that it wont be that much, whew! Its been a lot of fun playing in there (my favorite game is already gone though, wahhh!) I still havent figured out just how points are earned (other than just posting? Honestly I dont know how people answer the Kat Kwiz, I can never figure out anything, lol) but I know Ive been around for a little while and mine sure arent adding up to much yet. And like blondrebel76 mentioned, we dont want to use up all our points on the arcade and have none left over for gifts!
You say you can never figure out anything? Ha! That is exactly why the cats thought up KatKwery, just to get members talking about the KatKwiz question for the day. And you have used the SECRET WORD so you have won 700 points!! I am so happy for you. And I am happy that you showed our other members that may feel the way you do that even if you don't know the KatKwiz answer, you can still win points just by talking about the KatKwiz question.
post #20 of 20

Wow I cant believe I guessed it..woohoo Thanks KatKwiz cats!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › *****KatKwiz! - March 24 - KatKwiz!*****