Have you seen anything like this before? *Warning graphic pictures*

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure, they might have a fantastic time with hinm - and my goodness he's gorgeous - but he's a wild animal! I'm afraid I'm against keeping wild animals as pets - but that's just me. He is super beautiful though!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's beautiful, but why do they have to feed him LIVE chickens?? I would be worried after he had a taste of killing live that he would go after the other family cat someday.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
that would be handy durring fishing season, but i am afraid he wouldnt wanna share! he is beautiful but i am afraid i would be against having him as a pet/afraid he might get a taste for me in the middle of the night if he wanted a snack!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not such a fan of the hunting pics but I LOVE the ones of him grooming the domestic. Looks like he might just lick the poor cat to death.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thats not that bad, chickens are FOOD. We do much worse to poor chickens when its time to eat, how do you think the meat packers get chicken/beef/pork? It cant be much nicer then that cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

thats not that bad, chickens are FOOD. We do much worse to poor chickens when its time to eat, how do you think the meat packers get chicken/beef/pork? It cant be much nicer then that cat.
Thats true, and if you scroll down the page you can read comments people have put up some have some good points to raise.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The chickens in processing plants are killed with an electric stun to the heart. Of course, the ones who don't die from that, have their throats cut and bleed to death. So I don't think the cat is doing much worse.

However, as beautiful as he is, I certainly wouldn't want that mess in my house!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where does it show the cat actually killing a live chicken? I only see him with a dead chicken, so there's no way to know that they didn't give it to him already dead. (unless you can read russian and asked them)

The only thing I've seen pictures of that were live were the fish (including the pictures on their journal and site).... they also bring in big sides of beef.

All the pictures I've seen suggest he's well cared for and happy. And like any cat he gets into everything and chews stuff up.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Not such a fan of the hunting pics but I LOVE the ones of him grooming the domestic. Looks like he might just lick the poor cat to death.
I love that one where the poor little domestic's eyes are all cooky...he's thinking "I'm glad you like me, but please leave me some fur"

All that said, I'm sure I couldn't handle having that kitty in the house. It is, however very beautiful and I love the pink nosey!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the cat is beautiful but I would need my pockets full of gold to make him a happy camper!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

A person can't feel bad for the chicken because other chickens are killed in worse ways? Does that also mean we shouldn't feel bad when a person is hurt or abused because there are other people abused more horribly?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

However, as beautiful as he is, I certainly wouldn't want that mess in my house!
I'll second that!!!!!

Anyone know what kind of cat that is??

Thank goodness he doesn't eat the kitty!!!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats crazy!
I went to a wildlife park last week and they had a Fishing Cat, outdoors in a big enclosure where IMO an animal like that should be.

Here`s the one I saw. Having a nice snooze in the sun

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Thats crazy!
I went to a wildlife park last week and they had a Fishing Cat, outdoors in a big enclosure where IMO an animal like that should be.
But that cat is completely spoiled, he may not want to live out in an enclosure where he would be exposed to the elements (would you like to be out in a Russian winter?
). People could argue that those of us who keep our cats inside are mistreating them in some way.

For those who want to see more pictures, go to livejournal and look up "jonh-devis".