What a nasty video game

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH bought it and it's loaded with curse words. It's rather annoying and personally I think a game doesn't need to have filthy words in it to be a good game. Not to say that some of those words don't come out of my mouth but I keep hearing it over and over when DH plays.

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im afraid there are a lot of games out there like that. They are not my cup of tea, what games I have are mostly driving simulations, or puzzzle and roll playing games. However there is a market for that stuff and they will always sell.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there an option to turn that off? Are there multiple versions of the game for sale? Sometimes there will be MA versions of games as well as toned down versions for the kiddies. Sorry, I haven't looked it up (I'm having mod install issues with Rome Total War and can't right now).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Is there an option to turn that off? Are there multiple versions of the game for sale? Sometimes there will be MA versions of games as well as toned down versions for the kiddies. Sorry, I haven't looked it up (I'm having mod install issues with Rome Total War and can't right now).
Ha, DH wouldn't turn the cursing off.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember one game I used to have, a racing game which was rather bloody and I think also had some swear words... It had a way to switch 'modes' and one of the choices was "fluffy bunny mode" -- meaning, no blood, no gore, no swearing. However, you could still drive around killing pedestrians.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you think that swearing is bad you should hear my husband when he plays Super Smash Brothers Brawl. He'd make a sailor blush.

It's a kids game.

We won't even talk about Mario Kart. There's a controller shaped dent in my wall that I have to cover up before we move out.

(As a side note. Nintendo's controller for the Game Cube holds up very well. It still works!)

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont really swear that much, lol or get upset over video games anymore.
lol but did swear alot, when heyu stepped on the power strip , during a A 40 man raid in world of warcraft,,

i did alot of swearing then.

serene_moment

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i dont really swear that much, lol or get upset over video games anymore.
lol but did swear alot, when heyu stepped on the power strip , during a A 40 man raid in world of warcraft,,

i did alot of swearing then.
I can relate to that.
When Willow was younger, she liked to sleep between my monitor and keyboard (she's too big now; that or my desk is too small). Before she figured out she was too big, she used to accidentally hit random keys while I was playing.

Both her and Vaughn like to sit in front of my boyfriend's screen when he's playing WoW as well. He got pretty mad, especially while raiding. :p

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my husband has this game, and its no worse then rainbow six vegas(the first one)
Swearing dose not bother me, i dont like to swear but if i hear it i dont care as long as it isnt my children lol. Plus it has an age rating on it for 16+ so if youngesters do go on this game then that is the parents fault.