Got the Tidy cats Breeze and love it!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After reading Whitecatlover's thread about the Breeze litter system. I found it about 9 days ago finally! I love it. It took awhile for the cats to warm up to it but they are using it now and there is no urine smell. You still have to scoop the poop because the pellets really don't cover the smell of that. But I still have one traditional clumping litter box and one breeze available. They still tend to use mostly the clumping litter for pooing. Although they will use the breeze too. I had to follow the instructions for transitioning before they would poop in it. I put a cup of the pellets in their regular litter box and put them side by side. I really like this litter system. And it will be much easier for me to carry one small bag of pellets every month then a 25 lb tub of clumping litter! Especially with my rotten back problems. 1 bag of pellets and 1 bag of bottom tray liners is about $10 a month. Which I don't think is too bad.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad your guys like it!
My two remain mostly unused.....except for rolling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

My two remain mostly unused.....except for rolling.
That's too bad! But at least you didn't have to pay for them! That would really stink if you did and they didn't use them!

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so this is the first time I've heard of this contraption....sure...It's an attractive looking pan, but....I don't know.
Do you find you discard an awful lot of those pads (checked out the website)? Do they have a plastic under liner like a diaper or a sanitary napkin?
It looks like it'd stink. I have my doubts....but I DO want a wide slotted scoop like that....gotta send in my points for one from feline pine

looking forward to more reviews!!!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sylorna

Ok, so this is the first time I've heard of this contraption....sure...It's an attractive looking pan, but....I don't know.
Do you find you discard an awful lot of those pads (checked out the website)? Do they have a plastic under liner like a diaper or a sanitary napkin?
It looks like it'd stink. I have my doubts....but I DO want a wide slotted scoop like that....gotta send in my points for one from feline pine

looking forward to more reviews!!!
Well, as I said... it doesn't stink. Zero Urine smell after 8 days. And the pads do have a plastic bottom like a diaper or a puppy pad. One pad lasted a week with no problem for 2 cats(I actually changed it at 8 days). The manufacture recommendation is one week.

My cats don't like feline pine and I'm just as glad because it still stunk to high heaven when I tried it and it was hard to clean. I think a lot has to do with each cat's chemistry. So this may end up being a good alternative for me. Of course, it isn't for everyone.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ive been wondeing about the breeze because chloe is a kicker. she had a booda dome (or whatever theyre called) and still managed to kick most of her litter out. any of the breeze users have that prob? i was checking out a video about it online and yall have got to watch it. i was cracking up over here.

http://walmart.triaddigital.com/enha...ktid30826.aspx

also, chloe is a large kitty but she doesnt have trouble using smaller boxes. anyone else had probs with the breeze and size?

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seen this at Wal-Mart not long ago and came home researching it. My main concern is the cost of the replacement pellets and the pads and of course if it worked. The Wal-Mart I was at only had the start-up systems, I couldnt find the pellets or pads priced separately.

Another concern is that I have 3 cats and 1 foster. Will one box be enough???? I currently have 3 boxes set up. I imagine I'd have to change the pellets and pads more often, but wondered if one was enough. Hmmmm... I cant wait to see more reviews to come in either.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

I seen this at Wal-Mart not long ago and came home researching it. My main concern is the cost of the replacement pellets and the pads and of course if it worked. The Wal-Mart I was at only had the start-up systems, I couldnt find the pellets or pads priced separately.

Another concern is that I have 3 cats and 1 foster. Will one box be enough???? I currently have 3 boxes set up. I imagine I'd have to change the pellets and pads more often, but wondered if one was enough. Hmmmm... I cant wait to see more reviews to come in either.
One box will not be enough. No way, no how.....they're tiny you'd have to scoop at least 4x a day. They are very small, with little litter that can be used for the box to function.

I've got 2 set up side by side. Molly adores peeing in those boxes. No clue why, she'll run into my bedroom just to use them both.
PJ stands his front half in one & back half in the other to pee. If I don't have them side by side, he sits with his front half in the box & back half over the floor & pees on my carpet.

My set-up for the currently 5 cats downstairs is:
2 xl rubbermaid tubs (at least double the size of the 18 gals)
2 tidy cats breeze
2 underbed storage tubs with yesterday's news (puppy LB, but the kitties use them, too)

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's actually a normal sized litter box. But I know some people here are used to using much larger rubbermaid tubs. The pellets are $6 a bag and a bag lasts a month, The pads are around $4-5 for 4 pads and those last a month total if you change one weekly (that is the recommendation). I think I posted that in my original post above. You don't have to scoop except for when they poo. And the pellets go through the scoop so you are only losing what (if any) sticks to the poo. I actually love this system. It has cut down on urine smell tremendously in my apartment. Neither of my cats have a problem using it. They do recommend one box for every cat but that is standard recommendation for all litter boxes.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ive been using cardboard boxes for chloe (boxes that avon comes in if anyone sells avon, you know what im talking about.) they arent necessarily that big but they have high sides b/c chloe kicks and digs so much. (i think shes trying to get to china) she did have just a plain reg. sized plastic box (like dish pan sized, i think its 2.5x2ft?) she goes with 3 paws on the side of the box and one on the bottom with her tail hanging out. shes always done this no matter the size. my main concern is her kicking all the pellets out.
she gets it EVERYWHERE. my hallway looks like the beach --its even in my bed! i found it in my hair yesterday morning. i just dont know if i want to invest and have to buy pellets every 3 days.

...has anyone toilet trained? lol

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by courtney_ou

ive been using cardboard boxes for chloe (boxes that avon comes in if anyone sells avon, you know what im talking about.) they arent necessarily that big but they have high sides b/c chloe kicks and digs so much. (i think shes trying to get to china) she did have just a plain reg. sized plastic box (like dish pan sized, i think its 2.5x2ft?) she goes with 3 paws on the side of the box and one on the bottom with her tail hanging out. shes always done this no matter the size. my main concern is her kicking all the pellets out.
she gets it EVERYWHERE. my hallway looks like the beach --its even in my bed! i found it in my hair yesterday morning. i just dont know if i want to invest and have to buy pellets every 3 days.

...has anyone toilet trained? lol
It's definitely not for every cat! But then again, it could solve the finding litter all over thing. LOL You never know. Of course, you'll have to figure out for yourself.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For litter flingers, buy a gigantic rubbermaid tub. For one cat, an 18 Gal rubbermaid tub works. For multiple cats, I *think* mine are the 109L size.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i dont think i could afford the litter to fill a tub that big LOL shes doing fine with the avon boxes. theyre actually smaller than litter boxes but theyre about 10" high; however, im almost out so im starting to get concerned. another reason i gave up on reg LB with chloe is b/c she digs around so much that i couldnt keep liners in them.

would anyone happen to know how high the little walls are on the breeze? the website gives diminsions, but im wondering about just the wall part and are the walls strong or kinda flimsy?

thanks for putting up with my ramblings lol

in case youre wondering why my concern is chloe, not patchy, its b/c patchy doesnt care as long as its clean. shes doesnt even bury her poo

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i dont think i could afford the litter to fill a tub that big LOL shes doing fine with the avon boxes. theyre actually smaller than litter boxes but theyre about 10" high; however, im almost out so im starting to get concerned. another reason i gave up on reg LB with chloe is b/c she digs around so much that i couldnt keep liners in them.

would anyone happen to know how high the little walls are on the breeze? the website gives diminsions, but im wondering about just the wall part and are the walls strong or kinda flimsy?

thanks for putting up with my ramblings lol

in case youre wondering why my concern is chloe, not patchy, its b/c patchy doesnt care as long as its clean. shes doesnt even bury her poo
Here is Peaches deomonstrating the Breeze litter system.

As you can see... there is a good 4-5" clearence behind her.

This is the turn around and scratch.

Exiting the box

The inside. Hopefully you can see the depth. It's pretty deep actually.

It's actually a sturdy box. As good as any other box I've had.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL i love the look shes giving the other kitty. thanks! thats what ive been wanting to know. our walmart isnt that great about taking stuff back so i didnt want to but it and get stuck with it

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL i love the look shes giving the other kitty. thanks! thats what ive been wanting to know. our walmart isnt that great about taking stuff back so i didnt want to but it and get stuck with it
I saw it cheaper at Petco and they have it on sale for 20% off.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i live in the middle of nowhere and the nearest petco is an hour away :/
you might could order it online a lot of times they offer free shipping if the purchase price is over X amount