Sophie babies 13 days old

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I took Easter pictures of the babies outside today because it was so nice and warm.

Punky, she had a little bit of crust on her eye so I cleaned it that is why it is damp and I think I talked my sister into her today when she saw them for the first time.

Harley he is soo cute I think he is my favorite and if I keep one it will be him

Roxie

Amelia

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My order would be for Punk! What an adorable crew you have there!!!!

I'm looking forward to warm weather here - looks so sunny in your pics - having cabin fever here... send some our way!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I realize you wanted some good sunny-day photos of the babies, but honestly, it isn't a good idea to take them outdoors to get them. Their little immune systems are not fully developed and you are risking a lot to their overall good health by taking them outside at this tender age, regardless of how warm it might have been today where you are located.

That now being said, they are adorable little lambs. I hope they will all grow up strong and healthy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How is it risking their immune systems taking them in my own yard? I sat them down for about 30 seconds to take those pics and then took them right back inside.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

How is it risking their immune systems taking them in my own yard? I sat them down for about 30 seconds to take those pics and then took them right back inside.
It puts them at risk to contract any number of the airborne feline viruses, many of which are fatal to developing kittens. At 13 days old, they do not generate much of their own immunity, but get what little they have from Momma's milk, provided that she is healthy. They can also pick up fleas or other parasites which can deplete their limited resources.

Taking 13 day-old kittens outdoors is just a bad idea all the way round.