Getting Ready for Show Apr. 12!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I'm feeling the crunch now. I thought I wasn't going to be able to enter Maxx for awhile but we are back on again! So here are the latest pictures of my stud muffin. I have plucked and rounded his face out a bit. I don't want to do too much and wreck it this close to the show. But I got rid of the mutton chops, for the most part. Let me know what you think. Oh, and the stains on paws and bib are mostly gone. One more treatment on the paws. Thanks Abbymummy.

this one shows his full profile. I think his tail has grown out quite well since the previous owner had him completely shaved last summer. I think you can really see the roundness of his face in this picture.

And.... if you remember. This is the pic of him before I plucked the face and mutton chops.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks very good to me. Be sure to get any hairs that would make his ears look pointed - you want rounded, small ears. Is he accustomed to wearing a bib when eating? If so, use it now so the ruff will stay clean.

And check any hairs/eyebrows and pluck them to give the "owl" look to his eyes - wide and open

Where is the show and what association?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

He looks very good to me. Be sure to get any hairs that would make his ears look pointed - you want rounded, small ears. Is he accustomed to wearing a bib when eating? If so, use it now so the ruff will stay clean.

And check any hairs/eyebrows and pluck them to give the "owl" look to his eyes - wide and open

Where is the show and what association?
The show is here in Salt Lake City, Utah (local for me, which is nice) and it's a CFA show.
I'm getting excited!

I'm planning on working a little bit over his eyes and trimming around the tops of his ears again. But that's about it. My mentor said he looks good and she doesn't want me to mess anything up so close to the show! And I agree with her!
I can play a bit more after the show when it has some time to grow or be fixed. It's hard because my mentor is in Virginia. And she's going through Chemo. I've requested to be next to a member that can kind of guide me, if possible. And I'm having some minor back procedure April 2nd so I've requested a handicapped space. The clerk said I could bring a friend with me to help bring stuff in. He even said she could stay with me if I want. So that is good.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The Utah show is April 19th - not the 12th I just looked it up
Opps.. you're right. April 12th is when everyone has to be registered. See how flipped out I'm getting?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Let me know what you think. Oh, and the stains on paws and bib are mostly gone. One more treatment on the paws. Thanks Abbymummy.
You're doing great!

You're welcome - I feel gratified that you listen to my advise!

I think perhaps maybe some color enhancing on the black is merited - but only on the tail - body looks fine

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

You're doing great!

I think perhaps maybe some color enhancing on the black is merited - but only on the tail - body looks fine
Yeah, I noticed that his tail looks a little dull. I'm going to lather him up really good with lots of Black Pearl. If that doesn't do the trick, I'll order some other stuff online this week.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You're doing great!

Oh yeah... and I'm always willing to listen to advice!
I don't always take it from everyone all the time. But I do listen. And I forget past misunderstandings fairly quickly too.
At least that is what my friends tell me.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could use some white/black powder on show day itself to ensure full coloring. Go to the CCS website - they have something called white ice and black ice....

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You could use some white/black powder on show day itself to ensure full coloring. Go to the CCS website - they have something called white ice and black ice....
I've seen that, actually. But isn't that against the rules? I've seen some say yes and some say no, as long as you do it right.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Show rules say no overpowdering - can't quote you the rule now since someone borrowed my show rules! Basically you can powder as long as the powder DOES NOT come off the judges' hands!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you use the powder, be sure to get all of it out of the coat before taking to the ring. The judges hate to see a "cloud" rise up when putting the cat on the table.

I remember one judge who disqualified a cat. The person used black ink pad to help the paw pads appear darker (must have been a color fault or something). Everything was fine, until the judge picked up the cat and found black footprints all over the table. Remember the table is a bit damp from using the spray inbetween judging cats

moonandstarkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is a substance called Frizz Ease that is wonderful and will bring his coat to a shiny and not electrostatic look. For some reason (not a Persian breeder) the area between the ears seems like the ears could come out a bit more (the hair around the ears).
Daisy

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moonandstarkatz

There is a substance called Frizz Ease that is wonderful and will bring his coat to a shiny and not electrostatic look. For some reason (not a Persian breeder) the area between the ears seems like the ears could come out a bit more (the hair around the ears).
Daisy
You don't want to remove too much hair between the ears because that would make them appear larger and the standard is for smaller, rounder ears. I think I'm done playing with his face and head. Except I did round the ears tips out since those pictures and will be doing that again before the show. My mentor doesn't want me to go too far and then be sorry so close to the show!

moonandstarkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sure he will be just stunning at the show, he is a gorgeous boy and I have a soft spot for blacks and bi color black and white -
He has a gorgeous profile I must say. Does his eyes water a lot?
Daisy

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moonandstarkatz

I am sure he will be just stunning at the show, he is a gorgeous boy and I have a soft spot for blacks and bi color black and white -
He has a gorgeous profile I must say. Does his eyes water a lot?
Daisy
Thank you! No, Maxx's eyes don't water a lot. In fact I hardly ever notice his eyes watering. He doesn't have the sinus problems a lot of Persian's do either.

Be sure to let us know how he does
Will do.