It's GOT to be Soon, Right?

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's officially two weeks since I noticed the kittens moving while just watching from the outside! Ms Friskers is still contentedly eating all the food we'll give her, and basically just living it up. And sleeping nearly all of the time.

On the plus side, she has finally started playing with the laser pointer, which is not only nice because it means she's getting a bit of exercise (she won't run very far for it though!
) but also nice because I hope that means she feels more comfortable here now! I keep giving her treats after she chases it a bit, which may be undermining the exercise for the time being, but hopefully is teaching her to love it more and more.

The kittens are moving more or less constantly at this point, one of them in particular seems to be just doing somersaults over and over again, which is really fun to "listen" to with my hands. If I were her, I would shoving that little guy out ASAP.

Otherwise, no real news, except I am growing increasingly impatient, and have midterms tomorrow and Tuesday, and thus would really prefer her to not have any kittens at 3am, please, thanks.
Oh, and discovered that she HATES newspaper, and utterly refused to even go into her boxes when I put newspaper in them, so there'll have to be some sacrificial towels for this birth.

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck!
Rags ended up giving birth on towels. Even though they looked absolutely awful when she was done, I washed them on the HOT cycle with plenty of detergent and colorsafe bleach and they came out looking like new.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG are you STILL waiting? LOL

Let's see. Yes, 3 in the morning is very likely. I think Elsa started around 4. But she can't keep them in forever!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've actually been spending a good bit of the evening pondering Ms Friskers and her pregnant state (hey anything's better than studying for midterms)... and I think I have an idea. We took her in just a few weeks ago, and while, yes, she's had my room to herself during that time period, I don't know if she really considers it "her" space -- it certainly smells like other cats. And she hasn't shown any particular fondness for her box, not much marking it or anything. I've been trying not to push it on her, thinking it would be better for her to grow to like it on her own, but now I'm thinking, sheesh, that's silly! I should've been putting her in there a couple times a day, and feeding her in there and stuff.

So I just moved her food in there, and I'm going to start giving her treats in there, and tomorrow I'm going to run down to the pet store after my midterm to get some Feliway spray (we have the diffuser coming in the mail from amazon) to give it a spritz, and we'll see whether maybe she'll be a little more open to the idea of giving birth tomorrow!

*fingers crossed*

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GayleMG

Good luck!
Rags ended up giving birth on towels. Even though they looked absolutely awful when she was done, I washed them on the HOT cycle with plenty of detergent and colorsafe bleach and they came out looking like new.
I just realized, actually, that I have an old twin sized mattress cover, which is navy blue even, so that's becoming the sacrifice. I don't think blood would even show up on it anyway, and NO WAY am I ever having a twin size bed again. I knew this thing would come in handy someday though!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sophie didn't bleed that much and I used a dark colored towel and it came right off. Good luck with Ms. Friskers!

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tried the Feliway -- other than showing some distaste for the alcohol scent, Ms Friskers seemed totally unimpressed. *sigh* She never appreciates all the nice things I do for her.

I also pulled out the bedding I had put in her box, stuffed it under my blankets, took a nap with it, and then stuck it all back in, since I seem to be the only thing that she particularly loves (she's been marking me and grooming me like crazy) -- I'm getting desperate here.

I have to admit, I'm starting to get a little worried. She's acting normal and seems fine and all, but she's definitely pushing into overdue, and she hasn't shown ANY signs of getting even close to labor: no milk coming in, no nesting, still eating like a horse... I know I'm probably just being neurotic but it's the first time I've ever done a cat pregnancy all by myself. I really don't want to bring her to the vet, because I think it would traumatize her, but there's got to be a point where I'll need to for my peace of mind.

Given I saw the kittens moving from the outside two weeks ago from Easter Sunday, what would all of your advice be, so I have some outside views to go on...

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I believe I saw Sophie's babies move for about 2 1/2 weeks before she gave birth. I thought she would never have them. Sophie's belly dropped the day before she gave birth. Instead of her being wide when looking from the top she looked normal again all her belly was hanging below. She also got milk bags. Good luck to ms friskers.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
go somewhere like Dollar General or BigLots & get you some cheap towels for her - that way, you don't have to mess up good ones.

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

go somewhere like Dollar General or BigLots & get you some cheap towels for her - that way, you don't have to mess up good ones.
All my towels are cheap! I'm not touching the roommate's towels though... those are high-class K-mart towels.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elsa never showed any signs of being in labor. And she went a week and a half longer than the vet said she would go.

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*sigh*

Ms Friskers day:

Sleep sleep sleep sleep eat eat eat get kitty treats! sleep sleep sleep Ooo new box sleep sleep sleep sleep eat eat eat sleep sleep groom sleep sleep Why is my owner poking me sleep sleep sleep sleep eat eat crawl under dresser sleep sleep eat eat eat more kitty treats yay! I am never having my kittens ever sleep sleep sleep eat yum bite people sleep sleep sleep

I WANT KITTENS MS FRISKERS -- YOU CAN'T HOLD THEM IN FOREVER!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zoethor2

*sigh*

Ms Friskers day:

Sleep sleep sleep sleep eat eat eat get kitty treats! sleep sleep sleep Ooo new box sleep sleep sleep sleep eat eat eat sleep sleep groom sleep sleep Why is my owner poking me sleep sleep sleep sleep eat eat crawl under dresser sleep sleep eat eat eat more kitty treats yay! I am never having my kittens ever sleep sleep sleep eat yum bite people sleep sleep sleep

I WANT KITTENS MS FRISKERS -- YOU CAN'T HOLD THEM IN FOREVER!
HAHA SOOOOOOO CUTE!
i cant wait till she has her kitties

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She MAY be nesting.

Or she may just be messing with me again.

Only time will tell...

(That's me casting a spell on the cat)

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha, if this isn't it, she is the cleverest labor faker ever.

She's snuggled up under my desk (having decided she was too good for all three of the boxes I made her...) rolling around, looking very uncomfortable, and grooming her nipples (the ones she can reach). She can't reach her lower abdomen, but she let me rub it, and licked my arm while I did it. I interpreted that as indication that she wanted me to keep going, and stopped when she stopped. It was like team work.

Am I right in supposing that if she can't reach down there, I should be helping her out? Cats need stimulation in that area to start the birthing process, yes? She's just such a little cat, and her tummy is SO HUGE. Poor thing.

I think she's a little scared, too... Her eyes keep getting all big and round.
I'm not sure she's buying it when I tell her everything's going to be just fine.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww bless, When lilly had her litter her eyes did the same thing right before contractions started, i felt so bad for her as she looked so scared.
I'v not heard about stimulating their selfs for labour, but i'm not an expert, Fluffy couldnt reach down that area and she seemed to do ok was just very tired and didnt cut the cords. Good luck i hope it all goes well.

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aw, the big faker... she totally can reach down there... she just wanted tummy rubs! I'm more than happy to oblige though... poor little thing, she is looking SO miserable and scared! Definitely her first litter (I wasn't sure, as she was a stray) ... this whole time she's had this look on her face like "What is happening oh god what is happening oh owner person make this stop I do not like it".

My poor little baby!

She's panting a bit now... and lost her mucus plug about half an hour ago. I hope this means contractions soon, and hopefully labor will be short. I think I want this over with nearly as much as she does!