Do your cats drink...

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Easter egg dye???? I left the eggs for only a moment, and found 3 very guilty-looking cats on the counter, drinking out of the bowls. Wonder if they'll have purple tongues, like Chows????
(They just did it AGAIN while I was writing this!)

They've been so bad lately--we just had our new kitchen counter installed a week ago, and they've (except for Jasmine & Hobbes) been jumpipng on it--something I don't like. (When you pay a couple grand for a slab of quartz, "indestructbile" though it's supposed to be, you still don't want felines crawling all over it!)

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EWW! I imagine the vinegar and dye is safe enough... but that's nasty. I can't imagine my cats would attempt that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

EWW! I imagine the vinegar and dye is safe enough... but that's nasty. I can't imagine my cats would attempt that.
Actually, it was only water and the tablets; I didn't use the vinegar, as I wanted to make pastel eggs, but it still must taste gross!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can't say that I have ever had a cat that drank food coloring...Lol!!!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by MargeCat

Actually, it was only water and the tablets; I didn't use the vinegar, as I wanted to make pastel eggs, but it still must taste gross!
Probably just tastes like water... any time I've added food coloring to anything it doesn't change the taste... that's funny though - I could see Oliver with little color stains on his chin - caught purple/blue/pink chinned!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Hmmmm Pastel Pet Poo wonder if it will be the new trend this spring.
Actually,
this could be great for multi-cat households. Have each cat drink a different color. Off to patent idea

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I can imagine it.
Blue: Fluffy
Pink: Princess
Yellow : Garfield.

Actually...when the vet needs me to bring in a certain cat's stool sample (I have NINE cats--how the heck am I to tell who's poop is who's???), it could be handy!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Hmmmm Pastel Pet Poo wonder if it will be the new trend this spring.
No worse than those "PooPets" garden figures of animals, moulded from manure. Our local garden place has sold them for years.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

Easter egg dye???? I left the eggs for only a moment, and found 3 very guilty-looking cats on the counter, drinking out of the bowls. Wonder if they'll have purple tongues, like Chows????
(They just did it AGAIN while I was writing this!)

They've been so bad lately--we just had our new kitchen counter installed a week ago, and they've (except for Jasmine & Hobbes) been jumpipng on it--something I don't like. (When you pay a couple grand for a slab of quartz, "indestructbile" though it's supposed to be, you still don't want felines crawling all over it!)
Persi will drink anything anything left in a dish but his favorite is melted ice cream!