The Ten Commandments

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone else watching this tonight on ABC?

This is one movie that I can watch repeatedly without tiring of it. The grand scale of it along with the cinematography were way ahead of it's time in 1956! Charlton Heston is pretty easy on the eyes too, hehe

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm a little tired of it now. Maybe next year.

How about that Yul Brynner!

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont get that channel living in the UK but have seen a version on it.
It also got me thinking about one for cats and found this
Add some more if you wish.

Thou shall not jump onto the keyboard when thy human is on the modem.

Thou shall not pull the phone cord out of the back of the modem.

Thou shall not unroll all of the toilet paper off the roll.

Thou shall not sit in front of the television or monitor as thou are transparent.

Thou shall not projectile vomit from the top of the refrigerator.

Thou shall not walk in on a dinner party and commence licking thy butt.

Thou shall not lie down with thy butt in thy human's face.

Thou shall not leap from great heights onto thy human's genital region.

Fast as thou are, thou cannot run through closed doors.

Thou shall not reset thy human's alarm clock by walking on it.

Thou shall not climb on the garbage can with the hinged lid, as thee will fall in and trap thyself.

Thou shall not jump onto the toilet seat just as thy human is sitting down.

Thou shall not jump onto thy sleeping human's bladder at 4a.m.

Thou shall realize that the house is not a prison from which to escape at any opportunity.

Thou shall not trip thy humans even if they are walking too slow.

Thou shall not push open the bathroom door when there are guests in thy house.

Thou shall remember that thou are a carnivore and that houseplants are not meat.

Thou shall show remorse when being scolded.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After we eat, we will probably come home and watch The Passion of the Christ - we kinda make that a traditional movie for Easter to remind ourselves of what Christ really did for every one of us - believers or not!

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

After we eat, we will probably come home and watch The Passion of the Christ - we kinda make that a traditional movie for Easter to remind ourselves of what Christ really did for every one of us - believers or not!
Ok so being a non believer like myself, what exactly is it he did for me?

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a beautifully done movie. Every time I see it, it makes me wish that I could have seen some of the ancient cities like Cairo, Rome, Athens and such places in their bronze aged heydays. Just the gray stones of today don't tell you anything of the brilliant primary colors and the hustle and bustle of daily life that was there.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also love that movie. The special effects are awesome and amazing (keeping in mind the times it was done in). I also also like the way De Mille uses silent movie style acting, as well. I always try to at least catch the parting of the Red Sea.

You don't have to be Christian or Jewish to enjoy or appreciate the movie at all.

And Charlton Heston is pretty nice to look at, at least, untill he grows that stupid beard!

Tricia

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't believe as well, so it doesn't matter to me, because I don't believe he did anything for me, despite what others try to push on me.

But, since it is a major holiday for them, how about we just let them have their own opinions while we have ours.

Let's get back to drooling over Charlton Heston and Yul Brynner!

Tricia

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Green Bunny. Being a non believer, do you feel guilty about taking the holiday then?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

I don't believe as well, so it doesn't matter to me, because I don't believe he did anything for me, despite what others try to push on me.

But, since it is a major holiday for them, how about we just let them have their own opinions while we have ours.
Thank you

Please let's not turn this thread into a debate about religion!!! If you want to debate religion, please go and make a thread in the IMO forum and duke it out there.

That being said, I'm not a religious person, but I can appreciate a well done movie when I see one, and that is what this thread is about. A movie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by u8myufo

Green Bunny. Being a non believer, do you feel guilty about taking the holiday then?
Please stop!
If you want to debate religion, please do it in the IMO forum and not in this thread!

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

what Christ really did for every one of us - believers or not!
Excuse me but I beg to differ, it seems then that somebody with a point of view on this topic can quote the above, yet somebody with a difference of opinion must be silenced. I never started it, I just responded. However I would never have just started a debate about religion in the IMO room for the sake of it, I am not that kinda person, but I do believe that if somebody puts their point of view across as above, then I am allowed to do the same. I will take note of your post and promptly keep my mouth closed

meezersmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've always liked watching The Ten Commandments--the problem is being able to just sit for that length of time without any interruptions! Another good one is "The Robe", (which is usually shown around Eastertime as well), starring Richard Burton & Jean Simmons--about the transformation of a Roman soldier-- who was responsible for crucifying Christ--into becoming a Christian believer. That one is another favorite of mine.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

That being said, I'm not a religious person, but I can appreciate a well done movie when I see one, and that is what this thread is about. A movie!
I'm not either

But the Ten Commandments was pure movie making genius. My goodness it's worth watching just for the wardrobe.

And the Ethiopian princess at the beginning was a major hottie.