LOTS of horse pictures!!! Our pregnants mares are getting huge!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brought my camera with me and got some pictures of the girls!!!!
It's been a long time since I've taken any pictures of them

Bonnet is such a sweetie
She's always happy to see me and will neigh at the gate!

What a 9 month pregnant horse says to working

Waiting for my little sis to get moving! Bonnet's ready to go!

Princess, the bay, and Holly, the black horse. Both of these mares are pregnant!
You can't tell that Holly is pregnant yet, she's 16.1 hands, so I guess that has something to do with it. Both mares are due the same week

Here's princess!! Can you tell she's due in two months?! I can't imagine how huge she is going to get!

Bonnet ready to go. She gets incredibly hairy in the winter!

Princess ready to go. I wasn't sure we were going to get the saddle on her
We were told, by the vet, that if we rode her a lot before the pregnacy, we should keep riding her the same way up until the month before she's due. This is pretty much the last month we have to ride her and she more or less refused to do anything but walk.
My sister asked if we could switch horses durning our ride because "Princess is too boring, she won't even trot!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And Bonnet after the ride. I never tie her up. She'll walk around find corn to eat, wait for me to feed her a treat, and just hang out by the tack room while I'm in there! Then, when she's ready she will walk down to the gate and wait for me to let her in.

I should also mention Bonnet is 21 years old!!!
She's looking her age in a couple of these pictures!!! She was most likely used as a brood mare (spent her life having babies) before I had her. She had a horribly swayed back when I got her. It's not so swayed now that she's not having babies, is being rode, and excersized so her back has gained strength and flattened out a bit.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful horses! And, I don't blame Princess one bit. If I was that pregnant I'd be like "you want me to do what??? Yeah, right. I'll walk and you'll like it!"
I LOVE Bonnet! She is so pretty and it's so cute she follows you around like that!

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I can't believe Bonnet is that old. No way is she looking her age She looks fantastic! She has such wonderful markings too, just a very pretty girl.

Is it Princess your sister is trying to get to move? If she just took one step...sis would have her face in the mud

Now I have to ask, who is bred to what type of stallion and what breed and color of foals are you expecting from each? Are you going to have to do foal watch? I just love the little ones. It is so amazing to watch them the first hour of their lives. It is amazing.

I can't wait to see babies

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tehehehehe...typical 'spring' looking horses...all dirty and FLUFFY!!!! Great piccies!

My mom has an arab that is just about your mare's age...he really doesn't look, or act his age either; he does have a swayed back worse than Bonnet though, but he can still do everything he did when he was younger, and with just as much spunk too...he's more hyper than my 7 year old, Pride!!! Lol!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Beautiful horses! And, I don't blame Princess one bit. If I was that pregnant I'd be like "you want me to do what??? Yeah, right. I'll walk and you'll like it!"
I LOVE Bonnet! She is so pretty and it's so cute she follows you around like that!
She is a cutie!!!
I love her to death!!!

Originally Posted by kittymonsters

OMG I can't believe Bonnet is that old. No way is she looking her age She looks fantastic! She has such wonderful markings too, just a very pretty girl.

Is it Princess your sister is trying to get to move? If she just took one step...sis would have her face in the mud

Now I have to ask, who is bred to what type of stallion and what breed and color of foals are you expecting from each? Are you going to have to do foal watch? I just love the little ones. It is so amazing to watch them the first hour of their lives. It is amazing.

Yes that was Princess!
I kept telling my sister the second that horse moves she's going down!!! Sadly Princess didn't move. We both had to push her to the side so she would be off balanced and move!
I guess I don't blame her though! 11 months of being pregnant?!!!

I'm glad to hear that she doesn't look that old!!!
She's such a pretty girl to me.....Not everyone thinks that when they see her in person. She fractured her skull about 3 years ago and pretty much lost her blue eye. You can't really see it in the pictures, but the bone above her left eye is entirely gone. I bawled and bawled the day I found her, it was pretty nasty! It took her four months to heal, and she is blind on that side. She had a bloody nose for a week at one point, and we drove her 2 hours away for surgery. The bill was really cheap for her staying 2 days and being x-rayed and everything. We called the vet a month later to tell him she was doing great and he told us he didn't think she would make it, but didn't want to tell us, that way we wouldn't be discouraged to help her everyday.

Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Tehehehehe...typical 'spring' looking horses...all dirty and FLUFFY!!!! Great piccies!

My mom has an arab that is just about your mare's age...he really doesn't look, or act his age either; he does have a swayed back worse than Bonnet though, but he can still do everything he did when he was younger, and with just as much spunk too...he's more hyper than my 7 year old, Pride!!! Lol!
Sounds just like Bonnet. I've had a few trainers ask me if she was a 3 year old, just broke! I say.....uh no....she's 21.
She has soooo much spunk. She's the one running around the pasture trying to get the other mares worked up. They are 9 and 10.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I can't wait either!!!!

Both mares are quarter horses and both mares are breed to nationally ranked show quarter horses.

Princess is bred to Cash (he does have is own website, cashbeatsall.com)

And Holly is bred to Magic (I can't remember his full name so all I have is the picture we took of him)

Princess should have a buckskin, palamino, bay, or black foal. Last year out 5 out of 7 colts of his were buckskin and the mares were all sorts of different colors.

Holly should have a black or a palamino. Both Holly and Magic had two palamino partents.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are some nice looking sires!

Is Magic race bred? I live near the Ruidoso Downs, where the All American Futurity is run. Lots of high bred QH's here. I am betting Cash beats all has Dash for Cash somewhere in his bloodlines.

I cant wait to see the foals, they are going to be stunning.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww Bonnet is way adorable!

Also I LOVE Cash, I just like the way he's built!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Those are some nice looking sires!

Is Magic race bred? I live near the Ruidoso Downs, where the All American Futurity is run. Lots of high bred QH's here. I am betting Cash beats all has Dash for Cash somewhere in his bloodlines.

I cant wait to see the foals, they are going to be stunning.
Thank you!!!!
Both stallions are breath taking in person!!!
Cash is a bronze buckskin, which means his buckskin color just shines and shines!
And yes actually he does have Dash for Cash in his blood. If I remember right it's his grandpa!! The lady who owns the stallions also has two other stud colts out of Dash for Cash.

Magic now has a $750 stud fee!!!!
We paid $300 for each stallion last year (she was having a deal that summer). She's really awesome to deal with! We are guarunteed a live foal on the ground. So if the foal dies before it's born or durning birth we can breed again at no cost.

I couldn't tell you if Magic has racing blood
I so wish I could remember his full name!!! I'll have to email the lady today and ask her if his website is done yet! He is actually the more beautiful stallion in person. He's absolutely huge, 16.1 and a full body. He prances like crazy and all of his babies have that same prance
I just can't wait to see what the combination of all the horses looks like!

The breeder desperately wants me to breed Bonnet to Cash, aparently there is a really really good chance the baby would be a buckskin paint. She's even offered me a REALLY good deal price wise for the stud fee and for buying the foal. Bonnet doesn't have any papers, and she's old, so I continue to say no
EVERY time I see the breeder

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
omg!
i looove all horses and BONNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shes soo pretty!
i used too ride a (i think he was QH) skewbald, with stunning feathers, and wall eyed

i may have a pic somewhere..., but he was never mine

he was stunning!
cant wait for pics!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks again everyone for saying Bonnet is so pretty!!!!
It makes me so happy!

I forgot to mention her spots are mirrored! You could look at her from either side and her spots are the same! It's so neat and unique!