March Photo Contest: Cat-upult into Spring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay! We're starting a new series of contests starring....YOUR KITTIES!

The theme for March is Cats and Plants or Flowers.

Rules: Only one photo per member can be submitted, but you can change your mind and post a better picture throughout the submission period. You must own the rights to the photo (i.e. if you didn't take the picture, it's not yours), it must be clear, not photoshopped (although basic altering, such as cropping, brightness, etc. is allowed), and applies to the theme of the month. No cats can be harmed for the purposes of this contest! Mildly annoyed, yes, but not actually harmed (pretty much goes without saying).
The winner will be chosen through a narrowing down process by the site team to the top 10 submissions, and then a popular vote via poll by the members will choose our top 3 winners!

Please be sure to tell us the name of the kitty(ies) in the photo, for award/future purposes.

MARCH ONLY: We are still working out the details of the prizes, so the winner may be surprised to see what they have actually won.
The prize will include, but not be limited to, points, a custom signature and bragging rights for having the first, second and third place Ms. or Mr. March.

We also need to mention that winners may be asked to email full sized versions of the photograph to a moderator, and winning images may (or may not...we haven't made any concrete plans) be used for future TCS projects made available for purchase to other members and possibly the public.

Deadline for submission is March 31, 2008.

All members, moderators, admin, and site owner are eligible for this contest.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sweet!

now if I can just get my kitties to sit still...

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Yay! We're starting a new series of contests starring....YOUR KITTIES!

The theme for March is Cats and Plants or Flowers.

Rules: Only one photo per member can be submitted, but you can change your mind and post a better picture throughout the submission period. You must own the rights to the photo (i.e. if you didn't take the picture, it's not yours), it must be clear, and applies to the theme of the month. No cats can be harmed for the purposes of this contest! Mildly annoyed, yes, but not actually harmed (pretty much goes without saying).
The winner will be chosen through a narrowing down process by the site team to the top 10 submissions, and then a popular vote via poll by the members will choose our top 3 winners!

Please be sure to tell us the name of the kitty(ies) in the photo, for award/future purposes.

MARCH ONLY: We are still working out the details of the prizes, so the winner may be surprised to see what they have actually won.
The prize will include, but not be limited to, points, a custom signature and bragging rights for having the first, second and third place Ms. or Mr. March.

We also need to mention that winners may be asked to email full sized versions of the photograph to a moderator, and winning images may (or may not...we haven't made any concrete plans) be used for future TCS projects made available for purchase to other members and possibly the public.

Deadline for submission is March 31, 2008.

All members, moderators, admin, and site owner are eligible for this contest.
Are they allowed to look a bit startled?

Reason for asking is Beauty usually gets startled if we catch her in the garden, no matter what she's doing!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about eating the flower, that's about the only way I would be able to get one of my brat pack and a flower or plant in any picture. If I had had been quicker earlier this year I could have gotten a great picture of Linus playing Tarzan from my spider plant...

Oh well I love a challenge..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule

Are they allowed to look a bit startled?

Reason for asking is Beauty usually gets startled if we catch her in the garden, no matter what she's doing!
Startled is fine.

Originally Posted by tierre0

How about eating the flower, that's about the only way I would be able to get one of my brat pack and a flower or plant in any picture. If I had had been quicker earlier this year I could have gotten a great picture of Linus playing Tarzan from my spider plant...

Oh well I love a challenge..
I'd LOVE to see a pic of Linus playing Tarzan!
Eating a flower is fine, as long as it's not a toxic flower (which I'm sure you don't have anyway
).

Originally Posted by keith p

Is Catnip considered a plant for this?
Um, only if it's still in plant form, not the dried stuff we buy in the store.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, nothing is blooming here, I don't trust the girls with flowers, and they HATE going outside. This is the best I could do...Darcy eating my Harry Lauder's Walking Stick. It is too cold to plant it yet which is why it is inside...

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well the only one I have which "Springs" to mind is of our late Amber aka Ambie Bambie
She just loved to laze around in the garden, watching the world and wildlife go by, never putting too much energy into anything

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ very nice picture, the eyes look odd? Maybe it's just the quality it was saved to?

Have any of the photos from photo contests on this site been used for calenders in the past? If it didn't cost too much to print them they'd make great items to sell (to support the site) and to give away in contests.
Of course it would be neat to have the cat's and member's name in small print on each photo somewhere. A joke calender made from the captions section would be fun too.

...I'll have to see if I can convince little MewMew to go play in the flowers since she's an outdoor cat. Can't let my boys out... Sho will run any and Tomas is afraid of outside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Have any of the photos from photo contests on this site been used for calenders in the past? If it didn't cost too much to print them they'd make great items to sell (to support the site) and to give away in contests.
You smoked us out...that's one of the ideas we're tossing about and checking out pricing on...
Stay tuned for further developments, but we may have to do contests for January and February if this idea looks feasible.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Popsie was trying to eat the spider plant the whole time I was trying to get a good pic.
I came up with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.