TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Site Help › unable to view attachments...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

unable to view attachments...

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Anne asked me to start a thread because of a recent problem i'm having.
i'm running Camino on a Macbook. i've checked all of my settings, cleared the cache, tried the same link using Safari [the only other browser on this computer] to no avail!
sometime in the last two days [i think it was yesterday, but could've been wednesday ] i clicked on an attached pic... & got this page in response:
laureen227, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
the most recent one i tried to view was this one: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/att...6&d=1206066000
for everyone else, apparently, they see the pic, but not me
any ideas?
post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
the most recent one i tried to view was this one: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/att...6&d=1206066000
for everyone else, apparently, they see the pic, but not me
any ideas?
Yep, it was a KatKwiz question once!
Click on User CP
Click on Edit Options
Scroll down to Visible Post Elements
Make sure Show Images is checked
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
Anne asked me to start a thread because of a recent problem i'm having.
i'm running Camino on a Macbook. i've checked all of my settings, cleared the cache, tried the same link using Safari [the only other browser on this computer] to no avail!
sometime in the last two days [i think it was yesterday, but could've been wednesday ] i clicked on an attached pic... & got this page in response: laureen227, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
the most recent one i tried to view was this one: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/att...6&d=1206066000
for everyone else, apparently, they see the pic, but not me
any ideas?
I got the same message when I clicked on the link above...except it said taterbug. I noticed it did that for me on an attachment that a newer member had tried to post the other day...and I just assumed it was because the new poster hadn't been a member long enough.
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
Yep, it was a KatKwiz question once!
Click on User CP
Click on Edit Options
Scroll down to Visible Post Elements
Make sure Show Images is checked
sorry, no - show images is checked already! & i can see images - just not attachments.
taterbug - other people can see them, just not us
post #5 of 12
Hmmmm...and I'm using IE6. I think I'll go look for attachments, just to see if they are all like that.

I can see these... can you?
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...58&postcount=1

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...97&postcount=1

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...07&postcount=1

But I can't view the one you posted! Interesting!
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by taterbug View Post
Hmmmm...and I'm using IE6. I think I'll go look for attachments, just to see if they are all like that.

I can see these... can you?
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...58&postcount=1

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...97&postcount=1

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...07&postcount=1

But I can't view the one you posted! Interesting!
yup, i can see those just fine!
post #7 of 12
Well, that's wild!!
post #8 of 12
Your browser probably isn't fully compatible with vBulletin. I have the same problem with colored threads and many of the username options, because I also don't use IE.
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
Your browser probably isn't fully compatible with vBulletin. I have the same problem with colored threads and many of the username options, because I also don't use IE.
except i can see some attachments, but not others anyway, Anne wanted me to post a thread so she could direct the tech team here.
post #10 of 12
Posted on the VB support forum. I hope we can get this sorted out real soon.
post #11 of 12
I wasn't able to see that picture either - hrmm...weird. I am on Firefox.
post #12 of 12
Still awaiting a definite answer. I got one, but it didn't help much, so I asked again. Thank you for your patience!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Site Help
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Site Help › unable to view attachments...