Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Actually, they're both written by our "Annes"

The first is written by Anne, our site owner
The second by Mary Anne Miller, aka hissy on TCS, actually our co-founder

proof?
search (on TCS) for the full names of both authors together
brings up two threads
the 7th post in the post about Cat Fancy tells it all
Well, it does not quite tell all, but it does tell the proof that the question asks for!
I am sure that I am not the only one, when as a new member, I wondered about the two different Annes!

You are the winner! You are the KatKwiz Whiz!

KatKwery (Cat Query)
I have been working KatKwery (Cat Query) into the standard KatKwiz game after points have been awarded for KatKwiz. In the past, that ended the thread. Dead thread. In attempt to make things more interesting, and to keep the thread alive, and give another chance for winning points, KatKwery will give a question directly related to the KatKwiz question for that day and ask for an opinion. This keeps the thread alive with new opportunies to win points for those that are so new they do not know their way around The Cat Site enough to answer the main question. KatKwery requires no specific knowledge. Just an opinion on the KatKwiz question. Prior to the KatKwery, the cats will have selected a secret word directly related to the KatKwiz question. If you are the first to use that secret word in your reply to KatKwery, you win the 700 points that recently have been paid as bonus points. This is getting long, but yesterday was a pefect example.

The KatKwiz question had you find a collar for sale. As usual, the first person to find it won 2,000 points. This is the basic KatKwiz and in no way will change. When I announced the winner yesterday, I also included the KatKwery for the day:

Do your cats wear collars? Why?

So now, people who missed out on the KatKwiz can just give their opinion of the question and if they are the first to use the secret word, they win the 700 points. BTW, the cats had selected breakaway or break away as the secret word. That would have been a fairly easy word to come up with since the collars in question were breakaways.

That's it! I am pm'd suggestions by our members and I really like this one.

So, two parts, not two games. The first part for teaching purposes and the second part to encourage some opinions about the subject and try for the extra 700 points. I think it will be fun! Anyway, we shall see. There are no restrictions whatsoever as far as time contraints or number of entries. For instance:

Person 1: I have collars on all my cats, it's the thing to do.
Person 2: But I have heard of too many cats being hung by these.
Person 1: But if you use breakaway collars that is not an issue.

Person 1 wins for using the secret word.
I think we will have it down pat by April 1.

Bonus: How many articles have each of the Annes written for Cat Snips?

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Bonus: How many articles have each of the Annes written for Cat Snips?
Articles Written for Cat Snips by each of the Annes: 14
Anne Moss wrote 6 Articles & Mary Ann Miller wrote 8 Articles for Cat Snips

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katz4Life

Articles Written for Cat Snips by each of the Annes: 14
Anne Moss wrote 6 Articles & Mary Ann Miller wrote 8 Articles for Cat Snips
Wow, that's amazing! Did you actually count them or was that just a lucky guess?
Very good, 700 points to you!

And now everybody should know the story of the two Annes. Watch KatKwiz every day for further educational quizzes.