Guys are clueless

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must be leaving a long, long trail of shocked men behind me. I make eye contact, I smile, I say "good morning" and "what a nice tie," I hold doors for men and women alike...

Oh my god. Apparently I'm a slutpuppy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Well I coulda told ya that Bruce
lol i could have told them that also, and saved them all that research money

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

My gosh. I must be leaving a long, long trail of shocked men behind me. I make eye contact, I smile, I say "good morning" and "what a nice tie," I hold doors for men and women alike...

Oh my god. Apparently I'm a slutpuppy!
lol dont you know that your not supposed to say hi to men,

See i always took the smile and eye contact stuff as a opening to talk to her, and get to know her better, not as a come on. I guess i dont think the same as most males?

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I quickly discovered this even more in Mexico. Any hint of being friendly from a female to men, as is common in the States as being polite and doesn't mean anything, is considered waaaay different.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Well I coulda told ya that Bruce
my response to that article was, 'well, DUH!' they coulda just asked me & given me all that lovely
they spent on the study!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Anytime a woman smiles at me, I just figure they are laughing at me
or that

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that men don't read subtle non verbal cues as well as most women... but I can be pretty stupid in the man/woman thing myself. The guy pretty much has to club me over the head and drag me off for me to say, oh, he LIKES me!! (some of that is rooted in self-esteem, tho'.)

Good thing I don't have to deal with it anymore.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike

You mean everytime a girl smiles at you, she's not flirting with you? Who knew?
LOL!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

...I can be pretty stupid in the man/woman thing myself. The guy pretty much has to club me over the head and drag me off for me to say, oh, he LIKES me!!...
Same here. One gentleman I knew (but never dated) in high school drove 400 miles to visit me the week before his wedding. He even said at one point, "Did you ever think about what we would have been like together?" But I still didn't catch on until about eight years later, when he and his wife had three kids.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Same here. One gentleman I knew (but never dated) in high school drove 400 miles to visit me the week before his wedding. He even said at one point, "Did you ever think about what we would have been like together?" But I still didn't catch on until about eight years later, when he and his wife had three kids.

omg, i had a female friend all the way though college.
once when my car broke she drove like 60 miles out of her way to pick me up and take me home from school. 3 days before she got married, she came out said she would call the whole thing off , if wanted to hook up with her.

of coursei could not cause her to break off somethign like that to just take a chance with me, hmm plus i had to many issues back then lol...

she was realliy a good friend, i wonder to this day , if she is happy, and things worked out for her.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmhmm. Just a few months ago, I found a recent picture of my gentleman online, and he lives not 30 miles from here. I can't help wondering if he's still married, y'know?

All the mightabeens in our lives, eh?