The new Vet

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our regular Vet, Dr. Cindy, has taken a new partner, Dr. Tina. Dr. Cindy is a surgical genius, and her fame has spread to the point that all she has time for now are the surgeries. So, the general vet work falls to the new vet, Dr. Tina. Which, I was sure would not go over all that big with the tribe, because she always seemed to go out of her way to spoil them all rotten

I took Trace Tumblebrutus in this afternoon for a general checkup, plus so they could take a look at his surgery location from last fall. The new vet has put in one of those cabinets like they used to use in old barbershops, that heats towels. She put a heated towel on the table, set Trace on it, and scratched his chin in the place he can't reach because of his missing leg, and he just toppled over in pure bliss.

She was actually swabbing his ears (yes, Trace), scratching his chin and calling him "Tumble-baby". He was laying on his back, on his hot towel, kneading the air!!!!????

Now, he's on the bed, on his back, looking quite happy dreaming about the day he had.

I think he's in love

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's great! I was laughing so hard when you described him kneading the air! I am kinda jealous though, I can't find a good vet like that.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Isn't that fantastic?

Its great to see a vet who obviously takes great care with her charges and understands that a vet visit can be traumatic for a pet, so takes the time to make them comfortable!

Trace will be looking for excuses to go to the vet with you

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

She put a heated towel on the table, set Trace on it, and scratched his chin in the place he can't reach because of his missing leg, and he just toppled over in pure bliss.

She was actually swabbing his ears (yes, Trace), scratching his chin and calling him "Tumble-baby". He was laying on his back, on his hot towel, kneading the air!!!!????

Now, he's on the bed, on his back, looking quite happy dreaming about the day he had.

I think he's in love
Sounds like it!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never get vets that try to make them comfortable.... in Their defence they're still really good vets, but they dont give my babies the attention they deserve! I want your vet!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's wonnnnderful! Our vet doesn't have hot towels (sheesh! what a great gimmick!), but she's an expert sweettalker. Even big stern Dylan Ishmael is putty in her hands. Maybe she saw "The Horsewhisperer" while she was in vet school.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet you were wishing you could climb on that heated towel and get a chin rubbing, Mike.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel so spoiled. First, I get Butzie from a shelter, in good health, spayed before she was caught and who made herself right at home as a loving cat.
Then I take her to our vet and Butzie just melts in everyone's arms and doesn't complain about anything.

Now, why can't my doctors tell me that I am well-behaved and scratch my...oops, can't say that.