Vibes for Maggie please!!!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my princess is spending the night at the vets office. I do feel good that she is there being monitored rather than just at home, but I wish we knew what was wrong with her. She spiked a fever last night 105, and still had it this morning. X-rays looked normal. The only thing in her blood values was that her liver values are a little elevated, but the vet felt that was a normal part of fighting off an infection. He feels those should come back down when she is better. So she is getting IV fluids to bring her temperature down, and IV flagly, and possiblity IV antibiotics. I'm very worried & I felt so bad leaving her there!! Please send lots of healing vibes for my baby girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. I'm really trying to hold it together. Being at work helps because then I have other things to distract me. I keep going back and forth between feeling she will be fine to thinking "What if it's FIP". I am trying very hard not to think the worst, but it is not easy. I just know that it is very strange to have a fever with no obvious origin.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Prayers for her. If this helps Meeko had a High Fever last Jan and she is ok now.
Thank you, it does help to hear that it is not always the worst case scenerio. Her staying over night will be expensive, but I don't care as long as she gets better!

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vibes your way.
My cat had high fever also 105 in January but recovered just fine with
antibiotics in just a couple days.

Brenda

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let us know how your Cat is. Meekos fever was almost 105 and she refused to eat even after getting a shot and antibiotics. She would just lay there and didnt want to be bothered. Does she have a Runny Nose? Meeko did a little bit and she was very hot. How old is your Cat. Meeko will be 8 in June.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Let us know how your Cat is. Meekos fever was almost 105 and she refused to eat even after getting a shot and antibiotics. She would just lay there and didnt want to be bothered. Does she have a Runny Nose? Meeko did a little bit and she was very hot. How old is your Cat. Meeko will be 8 in June.
Maggie will be 3 April 24th. She had no signs of an upper resperitory infection, no runny nose. She too felt very hot yesterday, that is how I knew she had a fever. I called the vets office and they have her on IV fluids. I will be getting a call from the vet later. I should know something more by then. I'm just trying to do deep breathing until I hear from the vet. Hopefully they will have her CBC results today.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just talked to the vet. Her fever has only come down to 104, so they now have the lines packed with ice bags. She still will not eat, so the vet suggested I bring in some of her food. I'm going to do that when I leave work. In addition she did have a stool, it was soft but not runny. So for now it is still a waiting game.