*****KatKwiz! - March 20 - Spring!*****

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this is just a guess and after quite a bit if searching this site I am still only 50% sure that I might be right but is it the Norwegian Forest cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

this is just a guess and after quite a bit if searching this site I am still only 50% sure that I might be right but is it the Norwegian Forest cat?
Of course I had to change the wording around because if you put "the cat site" and a string of two words, you would have easily found it, as like instant! That's why questions are now googleproofed. I'll bet you know a lot more about several breeds now!

In other words, you are the KatKwiz WHIZ for today. Not only that, but a first time winner!
Congratulations!

Answer: Since this question was googleproofed, unless you happened to know the answer, you would have had to do some looking! Great, you probably learned something about other breeds in the process. I would have went to Cat Breeds in the box above and just started reading, which makes for good reading.
Since you are a first time winner, I will remind you that 2,000 points have been deposited to your account.

KatKwery Starting April 1, this part will be worth 700 points just for saying a certain word, the secret word for the day, one directly related to the KatKwiz question. Start getting in practice!

Be Honest! Had you heard of this breed of cat before?

Bonus: The cat in the KatKwiz answer could easily be mistaken as a _______. This will go away on April 1. The 700 points are being directly moved to KatKwery for much more fun....fun....fun...fun

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Be Honest! Had you heard of this breed of cat before?
My Coal Monsta is supposedly part NFC. Don't know if that's at all true, but the lady we got him from said he was a NFC mix....that was the first time I had heard of the breed.

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For the bonus: I always thought that Norwegian Forest Cats are very similar to Maine Coons.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Bonus: The cat in the KatKwiz answer could easily be mistaken as a Lynx.
That's it, only one line removed from the KatKwiz question in the article! 700 points to you!

The 700 points will be incorporated into the KatKwery starting April 1.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuleNag

So, KatKwiz and KatKwery will be two different games starting in April?
Fun, fun!!
I thought I had explained that but I will give a very detailed explanation below, which I will paste the link to at the bottom of KatKwery each day until April 1.

I have been working KatKwery (Cat Query) into the standard KatKwiz game after points have been awarded for KatKwiz. In the past, that ended the thread. Dead thread. In attempt to make things more interesting, and to keep the thread alive, and give another chance for winning points, KatKwery will give a question directly related to the KatKwiz question for that day and ask for an opinion. This keeps the thread alive with new opportunies to win points for those that are so new they do not know their way around The Cat Site enough to answer the main question. KatKwery requires no specific knowledge. Just an opinion on the KatKwiz question. Prior to the KatKwery, the cats will have selected a secret word directly related to the KatKwiz question. If you are the first to use that secret word in your reply to KatKwery, you win the 700 points that recently have been paid as bonus points. This is getting long, but yesterday was a pefect example.

The KatKwiz question had you find a collar for sale. As usual, the first person to find it won 2,000 points. This is the basic KatKwiz and in no way will change. When I announced the winner yesterday, I also included the KatKwery for the day:

Do your cats wear collars? Why?

So now, people who missed out on the KatKwiz can just give their opinion of the question and if they are the first to use the secret word, they win the 700 points. BTW, the cats had selected breakaway or break away as the secret word. That would have been a fairly easy word to come up with since the collars in question were breakaways.

That's it! I am pm'd suggestions by our members and I really like this one.

So, two parts, not two games. The first part for teaching purposes and the second part to encourage some opinions about the subject and try for the extra 700 points. I think it will be fun! Anyway, we shall see. There are no restrictions whatsoever as far as time contraints or number of entries. For instance:

Person 1: I have collars on all my cats, it's the thing to do.
Person 2: But I have heard of too many cats being hung by these.
Person 1: But if you use breakaway collars that is not an issue.

Person 1 wins for using the secret word.
I think we will have it down pat by April 1.

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry I missed your explanation before.

Thank you for re-typing it for me!

That sounds like a lot of fun!! Now to brush up on my kitty mind-reading skills!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yay it was late at night last night...I didnt think I had it right but I wanted to guess...I didnt even think about going through the cat breeds box I just typed in search and kept thinking of ways to re-word your question and had it search the breeders corner til I found it

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

dosn't the Ocelot do the same thing I mean climb down backwards?
Does it? I'd have to read up on that but we did have a correct answer right off of The Cat Site. There are instances when there is more than one correct answer, but the first person with one of the correct answers (on The Cat Site) is the winner.)