Cozmo is getting mean,,

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My wife said Misty was laying in a chair not doing anything and Cozmo attacked her and tried to bite her in the throat as if to suffocate her. The kids were here with a tiny puppy and he tried to do the same thing to the puppy. Misty and Cozmo had been getting along great, now tonight Misty acts real scared around Cozmo. Why would he turn on her like this??

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just sounds to me like he's decided he is the boss and wants to make sure that she knows it.

Max is my alpha male and he does that to Ferris and Penny.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Just sounds to me like he's decided he is the boss and wants to make sure that she knows it.
I agree, my cats all do it to each other. Usually during a grooming session, one will turn and bite the throat of the other.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I agree, my cats all do it to each other. Usually during a grooming session, one will turn and bite the throat of the other.
so do mine. Monster will be sleeping & Mittens will decide to go up to him, starting grooming his face, & then eventually decide she wants to play & bite his throat. he does the same to her. they get along great as well. they were probably just playin. if he was tryin to suffocate her she would definately have felt some pain, & your or your wife would have known, because she would have cried out. when my two are playin, they sometimes get a lil rough, & one of them will cry out in pain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is probably it, Cozmo is getting pretty big and being the only male cat now since Panther and Rusty moved out with the kids he is just being the boss. Misty and Cozmo play fight all the time but I have never seen him go for Misty's throat before. And the puppy being here just before he went after Misty might have had something to do with it like taterbug said. Cozmo was licking Misty later as if to say he was sorry for what he did and they are fine again tonight. There must be allot going on in there little heads to deal with sometimes.