RIP little ones.

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You may have heard about the bad flooding that the Midwest has been getting lately. Some of the areas around me have been pretty hard hit already and the rivers are still rising.

Unfortunately, Piedmont Missouri suffered lots of flash flooding and the animal rescue there was completely flooded. The water came up so fast that they were only able to save nine dogs and none of the cats.

RIP little ones, I'm sorry you didn't get the chance to find your family. Now you can run free at the Bridge, there are no cages up there you know. .

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sad, so terribly, terribly sad

Godspeed over RB, little darlings....and comforting vibes to those poor shelter workers who were helpless to save you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

So sad, so terribly, terribly sad

Godspeed over RB, little darlings....and comforting vibes to those poor shelter workers who were helpless to save you
That's a really good point. I know one of the workers personally and she was completely devastated. Many of them had damage to their homes too ( and some of them lost their homes) but they were all much more distraught at the loss of the animals then the loss of their own personal belongings. I'm sure they could all use some good vibes to get through this very difficult time. . . I actually called my friend to volunteer to foster if need be and thats when I found out that all of the cats were lost. I can't really take in any dogs, but I might be taking in a few of the small animals that were saved.

To all the volunteers and workers

kitten_smitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of these days I will be able to read some thing like this and not cry - apparently today isn't going to be it
- my heart goes out to the workers and to those animals who were lost in this tragedy

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Did she say how many kitties they lost?
I'm not sure exactly but I did find out some good news. I first talked to her right after it all happened and it seems she had been misinformed. They were able to save about twenty of the cats and those cats are now in a rescue around here and they are looking for foster homes. I just sent the woman in charge an email to find out if there is anything I can do.

don don

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I pray those who lost their lives will be playing with my sweet Baby G over the bridge.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see on the news that a woman trying to evacuate her house with her pets got caught in the fast-rising waters. She and her mother were rescued, but 3 cats, 3 dogs, and all her chickens were drowned. Only her Saint Bernard made it.

There will be many furbabies drying their fur at the Rainbow Bridge in the coming days.

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately you are more right then you could know about that. . . On a happier note though, I do have a friend on another forum who is up to her eyeballs right now in rescued pets so there are many that have been saved too.

To all the animals joining the RB brigade, have fun and make sure you find a big lovable puppy up there named Bear.