Just a Little Brag

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our daughter took a lady she's doing a class with to our home for lunch today. Apparently Bijou walked right up to her and started purring. She now wants the name of our breeder so she can get a kitten from her. Bijou has won over another Siamese skeptic. Last Saturday when my friend was visiting I had to run to the store. When I came back Bijou was quite contentedly sleeping on her lap.

Bijou and Mika have been the most wonderful spokecats for the Siamese breed we've ever seen. We've had so many people wanting a Siamese since they met our two kitties and at least 2 of them have actually gotten a kitten from our breeder with others waiting in the wings until they have room in their homes for another cat.

I know it's bragging, but I'm so darn proud of our beautiful temperament fur-babies.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww, Bijou sounds like a sweetie. And I'm sure their behavior reflects a good upbringing as well.
I was considering getting a Siamese before Wally came along. They are wonderful cats.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's official! Bijou is wonderful. As if we didn't know before - I really think he is one of the handsomest cats I have ever come across. And well behaved and affectionate with it - what more can you ask?

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so great!
I grew up with a Siamese mix and every person who came to visit shrunk back in fear as a result of all the old tales of Siamese attitude problems/killing babies in their sleep etc. etc. etc.

Just like humans, it's the individual that makes/breaks the personality.....not the breed! Isn't it wonderful to change their thinking and making them lovers? Nakita also changed many people's opinions about cats and she was also a wonderful spokescat.

Gigi has surprised me. You always hear about calico/tortitude but in her short time here she walks right up to people and stretches on them!
I thought with her past she might be more wary of strangers, but I guess all the
won her over.

Give your two some scritches from me and one day I will get out there to meet them myself!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

That's so great!
I grew up with a Siamese mix and every person who came to visit shrunk back in fear as a result of all the old tales of Siamese attitude problems/killing babies in their sleep etc. etc. etc.

Just like humans, it's the individual that makes/breaks the personality.....not the breed! Isn't it wonderful to change their thinking and making them lovers? Nakita also changed many people's opinions about cats and she was also a wonderful spokescat.

Gigi has surprised me. You always hear about calico/tortitude but in her short time here she walks right up to people and stretches on them!
I thought with her past she might be more wary of strangers, but I guess all the
won her over.

Give your two some scritches from me and one day I will get out there to meet them myself!
Thanks all for your kind posts. Kass I really hope to meet you one day. Your Gigi has a beautiful and kind face and Steve looks like a little Dickens. Hopefully I'll be able to meet them as well. We all remember and loved your Nakita - she was a very special girl.

There is a possibility I may make it to the Pet Show on Friday. I can give you my cell phone number if you think you are going to make it as well and hopefully we can meet up.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Aw.....
Your breeder must be proud too!
Way to go Bijou!

Scritches to both of your beautiful (and wonderful) kitties!

Laurie
Our breeder hand raises her kitties with kids, a dog and grandma cat as well as mom and dad cat. I think she's awesome.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

It's official! Bijou is wonderful. As if we didn't know before - I really think he is one of the handsomest cats I have ever come across. And well behaved and affectionate with it - what more can you ask?
Jenny, hubby and I are so smitten with these cats as you can well see. But having said that, you know how I feel about Persil.
All your cats are so special because they came to you in such unusual ways and needed you. And Biscotte has that gorgeous little face, Wellington is so handsome . . .

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not the least bit surprised. Bijou and Mika are both so gorgeous, and Siamese have such wonderful personalities.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always found siamese cats seemed more affectionate than most. My Meezers is part siamese and he does the same thing. If I have a guest over, he will just run over to them and start purring like crazy. I'll always have a special place in my heart for siamese.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's just great!

Dr. D Claw has helped break down that stereotype as well. He'll walk up to people and demand to be showered with affection. I get questions like, "Are all cats of his breed this sweet? I thought they were supposed to be mean."

Then 8-Bit will take their popcorn.

I can't have well behaved sweet cats all the time can I?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

That's just great!

Dr. D Claw has helped break down that stereotype as well. He'll walk up to people and demand to be showered with affection. I get questions like, "Are all cats of his breed this sweet? I thought they were supposed to be mean."

Then 8-Bit will take their popcorn.

I can't have well behaved sweet cats all the time can I?
I think 8-Bit would melt even the hardest heart. He sounds like an absolute joy to have around. What breed is Dr. Claw? (I can't see the pictures on here with the firewalls in place and I can't remember which isn't unusual for me
)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I think 8-Bit would melt even the hardest heart. He sounds like an absolute joy to have around. What breed is Dr. Claw? (I can't see the pictures on here with the firewalls in place and I can't remember which isn't unusual for me
)
He's a Tonk that's built like a tank. So when he sits next to you on the couch you can't ignore him.

(Most think that he's a Meezer though.)