Bad Situation, Kitties Caught In The Middle

katya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm starting a new job in April which requires me to move. I'll be living in a shared house with no cats allowed.

I had arranged for my fiance to take care of them and I'd come back for a week every month to visit them and I would be moving in with my fiance in the Fall when my work term is up.

I got some very bad news today. The wedding is off, the whole relationship is off, and he will not be looking after the cats.

I can't stay where I am right now, there's not much for me here in Newfoundland and what work there is wouldn't cover my bills. I don't know what to do. I'm trying friends and family and everyone to see if anyone would have room for them. I need to find a home for them. It breaks my heart that I might never see my cats again, but I have to find them a home. I can't let anything happen to them.

If anyone could find room in there home and in their heart for even one of them, it would mean so much to me. I can stop anywhere in Canada on my way to Alberta and bring them to you.

Artemis, 2-year-old female, spayed

Belle, 16-year-old female, spayed, born deaf

Mushroom, 7 year-old male, neutered and declawed

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you have to give up your babies. Is there no way you can take them to Alberta with you? Or even if someone could just look after them until you get settled out west and then you could have them sent to you.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
aww im sorry. to deal with a breakup and the need to rehoming your beloved animals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I'm so sorry you have to give up your babies. Is there no way you can take them to Alberta with you? Or even if someone could just look after them until you get settled out west and then you could have them sent to you.
I'm trying. I'm crossing my fingers that I could find someone to just take care of them till I have a place of my own. I'd even be willing pay someone to do it. I'd really prefer it if didn't have to give them away but what matters most to me is they have a home at all.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
see you were supposed to have this issue in march 2009. then i would have our house already so i could offer to take them all in for us without a problem

katya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I might have found a home near by for Artemis
I'm crossing my fingers. It would be so nice to have her stay with them because I could come visit her whenever I wanted and there would be no shortage of pictures of her emailed to me every week.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You poor thing - this is sure a rough time for you. Sending prayers and vibes that you find temp. homes for the kitties or can keep them with you. How difficult this is, esp. if you don't have your precious darlings for comfort
Please keep us updated on how things are going for you and how well these prayers and vibes are working

katya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a home for Artemis secured and I will be bringing her to her new home tomorrow.

I should be happy, I really should. The entire time since this whole mess started, when my get to me when my relationship and everything just fell apart, I was keeping my chin up. I didn't let it get to me.

But tonight I was playing with Artemis and I thought about how this is the last night that I'm going to get to play with her like this and I just cracked. Something inside me just gave out and I started to cry and I can't shake it.

The past two years of my life have been hard and unpleasant and sometimes it's felt like I was alone in the world. But I had my fur kids. And I guess some would say "they're just cats" but they've been my source of comfort and joy.

I'm thankful that Artemis has a home but it just feels like the joy in my life is being taken away from me and there's nothing I can do about it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katya

The past two years of my life have been hard and unpleasant and sometimes it's felt like I was alone in the world. But I had my fur kids. And I guess some would say "they're just cats" but they've been my source of comfort and joy.

I'm thankful that Artemis has a home but it just feels like the joy in my life is being taken away from me and there's nothing I can do about it.
rest assured that none of us here will ever say, 'they're just cats' because we all know that they're far more.
there are even scientific studies that show that people with pets are happier & healthier than those w/o - just like happily married people are healthier than happy single people.
we're all here for you, & you can live vicariously thru our furbabies until you are able to provide a home for some in the future.
maybe check out shelters in your area to see if you can volunteer, & love on some needy cats that way?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending prayers from Mississippi for you, I really hope everything turns out ok for you.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, what a heart and gutwrenching situation to be in.

I hope they all find a good home, and I am so sorry you have to give them up