*****KatKwiz! - March 19 - Sponsors?!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will be Persi's birthday next month and Alley has been saving up her hard earned money to buy Persi the collar shown below. She wants his name to be on it, and a ten digit phone number. Exactly how much will this cost Alley, including tax and shipping, if any?______________

Answer is in U.S. dollars. Do NOT show how you found the answer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

Trying again:
$13.74 with shipping it would be $19.73
I just love it when we have a first time winner!
That's what
you are, Esther! Good things come to those who wait.

I thought after yesterday I would also give a plug to a sponser just to let everybody know we do have them. And since the link is provided by The Cat Site, the guidelines approve of the question.

Answer: If you were observant yesterday, below where you found the cat picture (Siberian Cats) on Home page, is an article entitled Cat Collars Safety Guide and I cannot think of a better place to start. Click on that and you will find the collar. Click on the collar and you can go through the ordering information for the U.S. (Next time I use an ordering question, I will make it for Canada, or the UK if applicable).

KatKwery Good things will happen to participants in this section, starting soon!

Do your cats have collars? Why?

I'll go first. NO. My grandmother told me once that if God had intended for cats to wear collars, then they would be born with them.
I just don't like the idea of anything not natural being on my cats. They have no way of reaching the outdoors.

Oh, I lied about Alley wanting to buy Persi a collar!

Bonus: How much would the collar for Persi have cost (total) if Alley had wanted it gift wrapped?

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Bonus: How much would the collar for Persi have cost (total) if Alley had wanted it gift wrapped?
$ 24.48 ($ 19.73 plus $ 4.75 for Gift Wrapping)

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Do your cats have collars? Why?

I'll go first. NO. My grandmother told me once that if God had intended for cats to wear collars, then they would be born with them.
I just don't like the idea of anything not natural being on my cats. They have no way of reaching the outdoors.
My three don't. I tried it, but they all scratched until they were raw trying to get them off. And of course, I always worry about them getting out and hanging themselves on a limb in a tree, or a nail in the barn! I just don't trust breakaway collors enough to risk it.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
congrats, Esther!!

Only 3 of mine have collars right now, Antigone, Demeter and Perseus. Tig and Meme have had theirs forever and Pers cam with his. Pandora used to have but she kept ditching it

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katz4Life

$ 24.48 ($ 19.73 plus $ 4.75 for Gift Wrapping)
Our calculators seem to be in sync! You got it! 700 points are on their way! BTW, I am glad to see that you know how to spell Katz!

A long time ago, longer than most of you have been around (but you may have seen reruns), there was a show called Groucho Marx, who had a duck come down with the secret word of the day. It was a simple every day word. If you lucked out in using it, you won $50 (a lot of money then.) The cats are cooking up something similar for KatKwery that should add a lot of fun to the daily KatKwiz. More info later!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SammiesMom

LOL! Remember Groucho!
Yes, but can you or anbody here remember the duck?

From Wikipedia: Much of the tension of the show revolved around whether any of the contestants, in pre-contest conversation with Groucho, would say the "secret word", a common word seemingly selected at random and revealed to the audience at the show's outset. If a contestant uttered the word, a toy duck made to resemble Groucho with a mustache, eyeglasses and with a cigar in its bill, would descend from the ceiling to bring the contestant-pair $100.

Instead of a duck, Persi & Alley will descend with 700 points.

Starting April Fool's Day, KatKwery, not KatKwiz will be a take-off on this old show. If you mention the secret word in KatKwery, you get 700 points. The word will be directly related to the KatKwiz of the day. KatKwiz of course. As an example, today's secret word could have been breakaway. Answering today's KatKwery could easily result in somebody using the secret word. If nobody likes this, we will try something else for the extra 700 points but KatKwiz will never change its format. The cats are just trying to add some fun and more points to win after the correct KatKwiz question is answered.
And, give a second chance!
It also gives a chance for points to those that cannot find the KatKwiz answer for the day. All they have to do is answer the KatKwery question and they could well have the secret word in their answer because the questions will be designed for just that!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
all of mine have collars... everyone but Pixel has his/hers on. Pixel had a herpes flare-up this past summer, when Firefox joined the family. her herpes manifests in the form of sores on her face/ears/neck area, & she developed a couple under her collar, so i removed it. [temporarily, i thought]. then i couldn't find it! Firefox found it for me last night, but i haven't put it back on her.
they all have collars from Ragtime collars. i love her fabric selection! just got Firefox's - she was wearing an old one of Java's. now she has a beautiful black collar w/blue & green daisies on it. also just ordered her some green soft paws to match!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rusty and Dusty do not have collars. They are strictly indoor kitties and are growing so fast, they would outgrow anything I would buy in a couple of weeks!

kitten_smitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried collars with Mr Mischief before - naturally I got the break away ones - because Mr Mischief is an indoor out door kitty {his choosing} - collar one was gone on slightly over a day collar two took less than a day and it never even made it out of doors - Mr Mischief can not stand a collar.

Fussy-but would probably hang himself if he wore one - even if it were the break away kind and even though he never goes out of doors - for same reason he can't wear collar - any one ever heard of a kitty cat klutz?

Mee-Too I have never tried to put one on her nor have I attempted with Ferocious. .. Mee-Too is an in door out door kitty but Ferocious is my recent addition and she still has many feral ways I think a collar would drive her nuts - but when she tries to grab the food out of my plate i put a small piece of tape on her tail so I can finish eating without having to fight off kitty . ..

I am apparently on to late in the day for the questions - secret words hmm it would be an accident if I did get it because I rarely get things like that even if they are obvious to every one else. . . .

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kitten_Smitten

I tried collars with Mr Mischief before - naturally I got the break away ones - because Mr Mischief is an indoor out door kitty {his choosing} - collar one was gone on slightly over a day collar two took less than a day and it never even made it out of doors - Mr Mischief can not stand a collar.

Fussy-but would probably hang himself if he wore one - even if it were the break away kind and even though he never goes out of doors - for same reason he can't wear collar - any one ever heard of a kitty cat klutz?

Mee-Too I have never tried to put one on her nor have I attempted with Ferocious. .. Mee-Too is an in door out door kitty but Ferocious is my recent addition and she still has many feral ways I think a collar would drive her nuts - but when she tries to grab the food out of my plate i put a small piece of tape on her tail so I can finish eating without having to fight off kitty . ..

I am apparently on to late in the day for the questions - secret words hmm it would be an accident if I did get it because I rarely get things like that even if they are obvious to every one else. . . .
Nonsense!
I have marked a few words in your excellent reply that could have easily won 700 points, starting April 1.
BTW, words like attempt include attempted, attempting, attempts, etc. I think it will add a new fun dimension for those that have never won a KatKwiz. They can still learn something every day and take part in something directly related to the question and have a great chance of winning!