The Best Fudge Ever!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the girls at work yesterday brought in the best fudge ever...It was a new recipe for her called Marble Mint Bark..
It was a combo of white and dark chocolate with just a hint of peppermint.

It was so yummy

What is the be fudge you've ever had?

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My mother makes fudge every Christmas season to give as gifts. She makes all different kinds, but it's honestly the best fudge I've ever had. My personal favourite is her "candycane fudge." Fudge with a bit of peppermint, and crushed candycanes on the top. Yum!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kaete

My mother makes fudge every Christmas season to give as gifts. She makes all different kinds, but it's honestly the best fudge I've ever had. My personal favourite is her "candycane fudge." Fudge with a bit of peppermint, and crushed candycanes on the top. Yum!
A friend of mine makes this and I love it.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made fudge just once, in 1989. It was a small pan of vanilla fudge, made completely from scratch, and -- if I may boast a bit -- without the aid of a candy thermometer. I had to do the old drop-a-little-into-a-glass-of-water method.

And that fudge was perfect. Light and silky, not too sweet... and it simply melted on contact with your tongue. This was the Fudge Of The Angels, I tell you!

So of course, I never made fudge again. I had peaked, you see -- all subsequent fudge could only be a bitter disappointment.

And so I walk the earth fudgeless and tragically unfulfilled...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I like the homemade fudge that you hafta cook. I could eat the whole pan of it.
Ditto. My Mom used to make it all of the time and it was great! I don't have the knack for it though. I have in the past bought it from a market not far from where I live but it's expensive!

I don't like the "fudge" that is just melted chocolate with nuts or flavours in it. To me that's not real fudge. That's just melted and reformed chocolate.