The Lion Remembered...

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's no sound, but look at the picture first and then watch the video. These 2 guys reared this lion from a baby in England but the authorities would not allow them tokeep it once it reached maturity so they were forced to give it up, they took it back to Africa and placed it in a wildlife sanctuary, a year later they went to see it and were told it would not remember them.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...59316940206707

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, i'm glad they weren't allowed to keep him. I mean, I don't think lions and tigers should be "held captive" in a person's home, and I'm glad he's living in a wildlife sanctuary now, but it is INCREDIBLE that he remembered them and they were reunited. So heartwarming...

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

they took it back to Africa and placed it in a wildlife sanctuary, a year later they went to see it and were told it would not remember them.
The person who told them the lion would not remember them is obviously NOT a cat person.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, i'm glad they weren't allowed to keep him. I mean, I don't think lions and tigers should be "held captive" in a person's home, and I'm glad he's living in a wildlife sanctuary now, but it is INCREDIBLE that he remembered them and they were reunited. So heartwarming...
I agree. That is one happy kitty!

Here is a better quality one... a bit longer too.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...28450700328255

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I agree. That is one happy kitty!

Here is a better quality one... a bit longer too.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...28450700328255
thanks for posting that longer version! That's weird how the "other" lioness came over---I don't think she had a clue who these guys were, but trusted the male lion enough to know they were "cool" and not "food."!!!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

thanks for posting that longer version! That's weird how the "other" lioness came over---I don't think she had a clue who these guys were, but trusted the male lion enough to know they were "cool" and not "food."!!!
That's true! I wonder what those guys would've thought if their lion brought a whole pack to them? Yikes!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if the lioness was raised by people at some point in her life? She seems quite calm being so close to them.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I wonder if the lioness was raised by people at some point in her life? She seems quite calm being so close to them.
Makes ya wanna go, "Elsa! Elsaaaa!!"

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read the Book Elsa.. very touching book!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's no sound, but look at the picture first and then watch the video. These 2 guys reared this lion from a baby in England but the authorities would not allow them tokeep it once it reached maturity so they were forced to give it up, they took it back to Africa and placed it in a wildlife sanctuary, a year later they went to see it and were told it would not remember them.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...59316940206707
So at the moment of the Lion running up to the guys in the Video.. my heart jumped when the lion jumped... then when he hugged them.. I got a really nice "aww" Heart Warming feeling!!

Such an amazing thing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did those guys happen to write a book about them raising that Lion? cuz I remember reading a book about two guys raising a lion in the City, then moving it to larger land when it got bigger.. then eventually putting him back in the Wild. Not sure what the book was called though... but it was a very good book!

EDIT:
OMGosh!! I did read the Book about that Lion!!!

I looked up the lion to se if there was a Book about it.. and there was!! If you havnt read the book.. READ IT!! its awsome and very touching!! I think its called "A Lion Called Christian"

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

EDIT:
OMGosh!! I did read the Book about that Lion!!!

I looked up the lion to se if there was a Book about it.. and there was!! If you havnt read the book.. READ IT!! its awsome and very touching!! I think its called "A Lion Called Christian"
Thanks. I'll be sure to look for it.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Makes ya wanna go, "Elsa! Elsaaaa!!"
I have to admit that Elsa entered my mind, too. I remember reading "Born Free" a couple of times when I was a kid.