ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I just did my taxes this weekend and when they said "later this year" I was thinking October.

All my refunds/stimulus checks are going directly towards my credit cards/student loans. I don't know how that helps the economy, but it gets me that much closer to being out of debt

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice! Perfect timing to pay of DH's credit card. Then we can save at a slower rate.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

...yeah, and then next year we get to claim it on our return as income....YAY!!!
from what I have read IT WILL NOT be put in anywhere on next yrs taxes

kimkats000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How do you set it up to be direct deposit? We had our tax returned Direct deposit. DOes that count?

Kim

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
May 9 for us!! We're planning on getting a washer & dryer that we desperately need, and have needed for almost 2 years. Guess that means we'll be stimulating the economy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kimkats000

How do you set it up to be direct deposit? We had our tax returned Direct deposit. DOes that count?

Kim
If you direct deposited your taxes this year you don't have to do anything. It will automatically be sent to that account your taxes went to.

If you did a RAL or paper check thats how you will get the stimulus check.

Whisky'sDad: the stimulus check is not taxable:
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...179181,00.html (scroll down a bit)

Is my stimulus payment taxable?

A. No. You will not owe tax on your payment when you file your 2008 federal income tax return. But you should keep a copy of the IRS letter you receive later this year listing the amount of your payment. In the event you do not qualify for the full amount this year but you do next year, you will need to have the letter as a record of the amount you previously received.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were told ours will come the 2nd week of May and the Tax place gave us the estimated amount we will get. We will use it for a Washer and Drying after we get a House.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As it turns out, my ENTIRE "stimulus" check will go to pay off the ridiculously high balance left on my heating oil budget account. It will barely cover the cost of 150 gallons of oil.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well, that answers my question of if you got your return direct deposited will your stimulus get DD'd
looks like mine will be 5/9

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

well, that answers my question of if you got your return direct deposited will your stimulus get DD'd
looks like mine will be 5/9
I direct deposited my return this year so I'll get mine early too
My birthday is 5/12 so this will be a good birthday gift

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i wonder how they'll do mine. i got my return direct deposited into 2 bank accounts.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I direct deposited my return this year so I'll get mine early too
My birthday is 5/12 so this will be a good birthday gift
no doubt!! I get mine right after this semester of school ends so that'll be a nice reward

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw this post and was pulling my tax papers out of the drawer at 1 am this morning to answer the questions.. Darn.. I didn't have my taxes direct deposited into my account so I have to wait.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okiron

i wonder how they'll do mine. i got my return direct deposited into 2 bank accounts.
If you go to the IRS link and check the FAQ it tells you. But I am bored so I will go look it up for you real quick.

Q. I used direct deposit to split my refund betweeen several accounts when I filed my tax return. What will happen to my stimulus payment? Will it go to just one of the accounts?

A. If you elected to split your refund between several accounts, you will not receive your stimulus payment by direct deposit. Instead, you will receive a paper check.
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...179181,00.html