Who has Netflix? And how often do you rent?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just going through my Queue, which I found out, is pronouced (Q)
I hate that word!!! I've had Netflix for a year and a half now and I love it!!!! We live in a small town and it costs $4 to rent a movie!!!
It's much more efficient to rent from Netflix. We go through at least 3 movies a week.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, we don't have it, but I've thought about it. How much is it a month? We like to rent movies but usually just go to Blockbuster
I always worry about the hidden fee's/costs that they don't tell you up front!

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We use OnDemand & HBO to watch movies. We very rarely go to movies (too much $$ and nothing really good out there) and we watch mainly shows, not movies. But I hear it is cheap for Netflix, good for the people, who like that type of thing

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on the five at a time rental plan. I don't have cable TV, so the amount I pay for rentals roughly equals basic cable in my area.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have Netflix! I'm on the three movie plan. My roommate and I each have our own queue of wanted movies (under my account) and we try to send them back at least once a week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

No, we don't have it, but I've thought about it. How much is it a month? We like to rent movies but usually just go to Blockbuster
OH MY GOSH!!!! Blockbuster is the devil!!! Their prices are outragous! I have "3 at a time" which means I can have 3 movies in my house at once and can rent an unlimited amount of movies all month. It usually takes about 1 day to get to them and 1 day for them to send one back to me. All that costs me $18 a month with tax. We rent roughly 12 movies a month!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to have Netflix, but switched to Blockbuster Online to have the option of exchanging the movie at the store if need be. Have thought about going back to Netflix though, since I've never used that option. I'm on the 3 movies at a time plan. Since I don't have cable, I've found it to be worthwhile. I get a lot of movies, but can also catch up on shows I've missed on cable.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The cheapest plan is 2 movies per month for $4.99/month. Then there is a 1 at a time (Unlimited), so you send one in, and get another one - just one movie at a time. That's good if you just watch movies on weekends, you can have a new movie each weekend and is $8.99/month - the cost o f a Blockbuster rental!

We're on the 2 at a time (Unlimited) plan for $13.99/month. We pretty much have the movies rotating all the time, so have one at home, and one in the mail. We don't watch much TV, so usually watch a movie in the evenings. It's a great way to watch TV series - cheaper than buying or renting from Blockbuster.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A grocery store near me has a Redbox --- 99 cents a day but I haven't been using it much lately.
Our public library has a good selection of new release DVDs for free --- sometimes have to wait a while while I have them on hold.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have Netflix, and it was great. There is a distribution center in Louisville, so turn around on movies was only 1 or 2 working days. But, I closed my account because after a few months of watching movies, I realized that there just weren't that many more that interested me

I'll wait till there are 10 or 12 movies I want to see, then reactivate for a month, then cancel again

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have Blockbuster Online. Just for the fact that you can return the movies in the store and swap it out for another for free. I have the 3 at a time plan, with 5 instore exchanges a month, for $20 a month. It was great before; they had unlimited exchanges a month, we used to rent so many movies. But then they changed it. And up their prices. It's still a good deal, if you have a Blockbuster near you.

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love, love, LOVE Netflix!

I have to do nothing other than create my list (Queue) and then retrieve from my mailbox and then deliver to my mailbox. They care not how long you keep them (I was busy at holiday time and kept a movie for almost 6 weeks).

What about Instant movies on your PC? I love that too! I watched a few instant movies, including Supersize Me, on my laptop. How great is that? And no additional charge?

Did I say I love Netflix?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we just got Nexflix not too long ago. I think my parents rent 5 at a time. we just saw the third Shiloh movie and it was great!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Blockbuster is the devil!!!
Amen, sister! I was so sad when Hollywood Video went out of business (at least the one near me). I just won't go to Blockbuster.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SammiesMom

What about Instant movies on your PC? I love that too! I watched a few instant movies, including Supersize Me, on my laptop. How great is that? And no additional charge?
We have the three at a time plan, and the main reason we went with Netflix is because we cannot rent the movies we want around here. Everything is limited to new or popular releases.
Not a lot of good if you want something odd from the 70s or 80s.

BlockBuster is mostly ran out around here, instead we have Movie Gallery.

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Blockbuster pi$$ed me off a few years back. This was when the only option was going to the store.

I checked out 2 movies. One I returned almost immediately. The second, I will admit, was 2 days late. Next time I wanted to rent, they were trying to charge me late fees for both. I explained I had returned one, but took full responsibility for the late fees on the second. They wouldn't budge. Got the manager involved and he would not budge.

I refused to ever go back there again. And I have not.

I am all Netflix now.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't have it but wondered about it..I do have Video on Demand as part of my cable package which isn't to bad because some of the services are just included in the price of the cable service and First Runs are $5.99.
The video store down the street from me is fantastic as far as pricing goes though. It has been operating for almost twenty years and now advertises as a video library..It may take a few days to be able to rent a new release which they charge $5.00 for but they have any old movie you can think of and rent them out 2-$1.99.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to this thread, I signed up for a 2 week free trial

I signed up for the 1 movie at a time, unlimited for 8.99/month. If the turn around time is good enough during the trial, I'll keep it I think. There are a lot of movies out right now that I want to see

I also put movies on hold that just came out in the theater this weekend - Horton Hears A Who, and 10,000 BC that we saw on Saturday and loved!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks to this thread, I signed up for a 2 week free trial

I signed up for the 1 movie at a time, unlimited for 8.99/month. If the turn around time is good enough during the trial, I'll keep it I think. There are a lot of movies out right now that I want to see

I also put movies on hold that just came out in the theater this weekend - Horton Hears A Who, and 10,000 BC that we saw on Saturday and loved!
That's how it all started with us....and we ended up with 200 movies in our Queue so we ended up keeping it

Good luck!