Ever feel bad for ....

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
say no to something you don't want to do? I was asked to do an adoption this week and I just really don't want to. I could make the time. I think that's why I feel bad. I feel bad for the kitty that has to stay at the shelter & the people who want to adopt the kitty. Usually if it's for a person I don't feel bad, it's the kitties that I feel guilty about.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

say no to something you don't want to do? I was asked to do an adoption this week and I just really don't want to. I could make the time. I think that's why I feel bad. I feel bad for the kitty that has to stay at the shelter & the people who want to adopt the kitty. Usually if it's for a person I don't feel bad, it's the kitties that I feel guilty about.
Why is it that you feel bad about it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel bad knowing that they could be in a home, but just because I want to rest they have to stay another day or more at the shelter. I also worry that no one will do it and the person adopting them will get mad and say never mind.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I feel bad knowing that they could be in a home, but just because I want to rest they have to stay another day or more at the shelter. I also worry that no one will do it and the person adopting them will get mad and say never mind.
Well I am sorry that you want to rest, but if it were me, I would just rest later. I would be thrilled that the kitty was finding a new home. And I would feel terrible if the person adopting them said never mind because of me.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i know how you feel but think about it, itll help them more if you dont burn yourself out and stick around longer.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okiron

i know how you feel but think about it, itll help them more if you dont burn yourself out and stick around longer.
yup.
I agree!

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think you should feel bad for wanting some rest or time to yourself.. but I would probably check to make sure someone else followed through with it.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope not really...it's more the "I said yes to something I really didn't want to do" that gets to me.