update on suzy

catwoman_2669

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well suzys kittens are 3 weeks now and doing fine. the little white one is the runt of litter but that doesnt slow her down. her points came in on her ears, around her face and tail.
suzy abandoned her kittens 3 days ago. she refused to feed them and doesnt want anything to do with them anymore. i dont know why she has done that. shes a healthy cat and she still has milk too. i will post new pics soon.

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catwoman_2669

suzy abandoned her kittens 3 days ago. she refused to feed them and doesnt want anything to do with them anymore. i dont know why she has done that. shes a healthy cat and she still has milk too. i will post new pics soon.
What have you been doing for the last three days? Are you hand feeding them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catwoman_2669

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my himalayan cat had kittens 2 weeks before her and she took suzys kittens too and feeds them now. they have a new mom now and they are ok with it.

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's good. Is Suzy kind of young? I was just wondering if maybe she's inexperienced or something? I hope Rags doesn't decide to do that. I won't know what to do! But she is so protective now I can't imagine her doing that. She seems totally devoted to her babies right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catwoman_2669

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
suzy is 4 years old and she had kittens before. she usually loves her kittens but this time i guess she needed a break. this morning she took her babies back and is now nursing them herself again. and she stole one of the persian kittens.

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, man, to get that kind of help when we have babies!

What I wouldn't have given for a 24 hour break when my kids were 3 weeks old!!