Green vomit?

yayas_mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone seen green vomit in panleuk? Trying to determine if we're treating this cat properly.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen white, clear and yellow. If I ever saw green, my first thought would be rat poison. Is it an outdoor cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yayas_mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

I've seen white, clear and yellow. If I ever saw green, my first thought would be rat poison. Is it an outdoor cat?
Vet says maybe real concentrated bile? Would that happen with panleuk?

angryrectangle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is the cat on anti-biotics? I've had a cat vomit from anti-biotics before. From what I've heard, it's common but you should either try a stomach protecter medication along with the anti-biotics, or stop giving the anti-biotics.

It's possible the vomit is just from the cat eating plant matter, but I think you'd be able to tell if that was the case. You'd see bits of plant or grass in the vomit.

I think the bile sounds pretty likely. I hope it's not too serious, as the cat that I mentioned above was really quite ill at the time of giving the anti-biotics, and vomited large amounts of green liquid again before she died.

Best of luck, and I hope your kitty is ok!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by YaYas_Mom

Vet says maybe real concentrated bile? Would that happen with panleuk?
Well, the vet would know more than I, but I've only seen yellow bile from a cat. I know human is green? I've never seen bile vomited with panleuk...but I've seen it with pancreatitis, (also yellow) Of course..not all cats are the same! I hope your kitty will be ok!

Here's a good bit of info on panleukopenia--

http://www.avma.org/communications/b...a_brochure.asp

http://www.peteducation.com/article....&articleid=222

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Sorry I can't answer your question, but the first thing I thought when I saw the topic was "someone had a little too much green beer for saint patrick's" haha, sorry had to share that thought though!

I hope your kitty starts feeling better quickly!