Do you ever wonder if I did it on purpose?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use this picture as one of my welcome pictures for the new members, and I wonder if people think it's odd I ended up with three bi-colored cats? People think bi-colored cats are pretty popular because I've ended up 3 for 3, but I haven't seen that many bi-colored cats at all! I do have a soft spot for them now though!

Enzo was a feral kitty on my granny's farm, and I picked him up because he was so pretty and we really wanted our first cat.

Leya was the next. We went to the pound and there were two kitties. Her and a little tiny baby tabby kitten. Leya was six months old and only had a week more to be adopted before being put to sleep. The volunteer helping us said the little kitten wouldn't have any trouble finding a home it was kitten #5 she was more worried about.

Then Stuart.....long story short. Someone pretty much threw him out their car window (we're guessing that's what happened because we've seen it happen before, and Stuart had a knot in his back from being fractured). I took him home because he was just so dang cute. I was going to get him cleaned up, get the burs out of his fur, and get him healthy because he was only 6-7 weeks old. Then I bring him home and the SO just feel head over heels. When I told him I was going to find a home for him he said, "he already has a home!"

So that's how we ended up with three bi-colored cats!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine kitties come in all colors. "Special needs" knowns no fur color, unfortunately.

Just out of curiosity....is Thor a bi-color?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey I've got 2 grey kitties (1 short hair, 1 long hair) & 2 white with tabby marking cats. I didn't do it on purpose either. I was attracted to their personalities. People ask me all the time if any of them are related and nope they are not. I have had a thing for grey kitties because of my Smokey. Jordan made me love the white & tabby cats, but I look for personality before color.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Mine kitties come in all colors. "Special needs" knowns no fur color, unfortunately.

Just out of curiosity....is Thor a bi-color?
He's got the white tick marks, the white collar, white tip on his tail, a white belly/neck/mouth, and four white legs. So he's close enough to bi-color to me

Oh my.....but both of my rats are bi-colored!
And my HORSE if bi-colored!

Edit....And I just realized that even my fish is bi-colored! Looks like Thor is out of the loop in this household!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Hey I've got 2 grey kitties (1 short hair, 1 long hair) & 2 white with tabby marking cats. I didn't do it on purpose either. I was attracted to their personalities. People ask me all the time if any of them are related and nope they are not. I have had a thing for grey kitties because of my Smokey. Jordan made me love the white & tabby cats, but I look for personality before color.
Isn't that unique! 2 greys and 2 white and tabby cats! I would also wonder if you did that on purpose, or if they were litter mates! How neat!

onyxx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My two are all black and my last two were all black too, 'fraid I do do it deliberately, just love black cats
(had one when i was young that I totally adored and have been hooked on them ever since) it's not that I dont like other colour cats (I love all cats) it's just when it comes to choosing I always want the black one

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just realized something kind of wierd. None of my cats are the same color, I do have two solids a tabby and a calico. Nemo was the last kitty to join my family and he started my love of white cats (especially odd eyed ones). After Nemo though, I got Henri and Acorn, both are white. I have been considering getting a flemish giant buddy for the bunnies too and I have my heart set on a particular white one. . . I didn't go out looking for white bunnies (atleast I don't think I did) but I wonder if it was in the back of my mind somewhere that white bunnies are better (They are like black dogs afterall, the monst commonly overlooked color in bunnies in shelters is white).

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Onyxx

My two are all black and my last two were all black too, 'fraid I do do it deliberately, just love black cats
(had one when i was young that I totally adored and have been hooked on them ever since) it's not that I dont like other colour cats (I love all cats) it's just when it comes to choosing I always want the black one
It's good that you take the black ones. A lot of times they are harder to find homes for.

Originally Posted by CalicoPrincess

I just realized something kind of wierd. None of my cats are the same color, I do have two solids a tabby and a calico. Nemo was the last kitty to join my family and he started my love of white cats (especially odd eyed ones). After Nemo though, I got Henri and Acorn, both are white. I have been considering getting a flemish giant buddy for the bunnies too and I have my heart set on a particular white one. . . I didn't go out looking for white bunnies (atleast I don't think I did) but I wonder if it was in the back of my mind somewhere that white bunnies are better (They are like black dogs afterall, the monst commonly overlooked color in bunnies in shelters is white).
We've got a cat that is all white except his grey tail & he has one blue eye & one yellow eye. Jak is a great cat, but he does have to go with his brother Joseph. Joe as I like to call him is a good cat too just a little more shy.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of my cats in childhood were shorthairs, and all of my cats in adulthood have been medium to longhairs. It really wasn't a planned thing, either. I just liked Willow's personality, Spot found me, Odo I got mostly because of his age (I was looking for a black cat and ended up with a Siamese-mix), and Zek most definitely chose me. Actually, I think they all chose me, but Zek did so most forcefully by jumping in my arms when I was there to visit another cat.

My boyfriend's cats are in grayscale. The most recently departed was a solid gray Korat, and in descending order by age they have a black and white bi-color, a white Siamese mix, a black-spotted white cat and a solid black cat.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

None of my cats are the same color.
none of mine are, either! Cable & Firefox are both tabbies, but quite different... Chip & Pixel are both mostly black, but Pixel's a bi-color, & Chip's a black cat w/a couple of white spots. Mouse was blue, & Java's a calico ['course, Firefox is a torbie, so another tricolor]. i like them all being different!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

All of my cats in childhood were shorthairs, and all of my cats in adulthood have been medium to longhairs. It really wasn't a planned thing, either. I just liked Willow's personality, Spot found me, Odo I got mostly because of his age (I was looking for a black cat and ended up with a Siamese-mix), and Zek most definitely chose me. Actually, I think they all chose me, but Zek did so most forcefully by jumping in my arms when I was there to visit another cat.

My boyfriend's cats are in grayscale. The most recently departed was a solid gray Korat, and in descending order by age they have a black and white bi-color, a white Siamese mix, a black-spotted white cat and a solid black cat.
That's quite the mix! Long haired cats are so pretty

You do have quite the collection!
Nemo is a doll!

Originally Posted by Onyxx

I have also heard black cats are hard to find homes for. They are absolutely beautiful!

Originally Posted by laureen227

none of mine are, either! Cable & Firefox are both tabbies, but quite different... Chip & Pixel are both mostly black, but Pixel's a bi-color, & Chip's a black cat w/a couple of white spots. Mouse was blue, & Java's a calico ['course, Firefox is a torbie, so another tricolor]. i like them all being different!
Another collector of all colors!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

I guess I just thought you had gotten all three at the same time from the same litter.
Too funny.
Nope! Not at all! Enzo will be 2 soon, Leya will be a 1 1/2 and Stuart will be 1!!!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to have stuck within the same color scheme with my 4! They all match!

onyxx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

It's good that you take the black ones. A lot of times they are harder to find homes for.
Thats because black cats are unlucky

In medieval times they were horrifically treated/killed because of this (presumably because of the witchcraft connotations) which is why it's actually quite rare to find a pure black cat, they evolved to have small white patches and so evade this persecution.
Dude has a small white patch on his lower belly, my RB Gooner had a tiny white patch on his throat and my RB Spider had a dozen white hairs on her left shoulder. Pipsi however is pure black

Perversly you also hear about 'lucky' black cats though I dont know the history of that, I expect it's just the 'Black cat PR society'

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, I guess I have one of each, except no red tabby!

I have a solid black, a solid white, a pointed (seal point), a dilute calico, and a torbie.

I like to say they have equal opportunity to have their hair show up on what ever color clothes I wear!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I seem to have stuck within the same color scheme with my 4! They all match!
You did! They all match

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked Chloe because she has long hair, like Mattie, and has grey hair, like Mattie. They aren't super similar.

I do like it when people's cats coordinate somehow, but I'm a bit obsessive about stupid stuff like that

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sakura

I picked Chloe because she has long hair, like Mattie, and has grey hair, like Mattie. They aren't super similar.

I do like it when people's cats coordinate somehow, but I'm a bit obsessive about stupid stuff like that
Well good, because our kitties coordinate pretty well!