Mercury is looking for his buddies!

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mercury has a habit of letting out a "lost in the wilderness" cry sometimes when he wants attention and I am not in the room. Normally if he does this, I just call his name and he comes running for some head butts and belly rubs. He does this sometimes to call his other animal buddies to him too though.

I had to drop off the bunnies at the vets last night because they are getting fixed today. I swear Mercury was looking for them all night last night! He ran around the house crying, and when I would call his name, he just looked at me like "what do YOU want?". He ended up sleeping in the bunny cage even, which is EXTREMELY odd because he always sleeps on my feet. I guess he was missing the little guys. My poor little boy thinks I took his friends away!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

Aaaaw, poor baby!
Isn't it amazing how bunnies and kitties can get along!
It is! The really wierd thing is, I didn't think Mercury really cared if the bunnies were around or not. It is Trinity that is constantly cuddling with Acorn. Mercury will occassionally cuddle up next to them, but not very often. Acorn does clean all the kitties ears out every night though. . . . maybe Mercury was looking for his ear bath? Lol, that sounds kind of funny but I swear, kitty ears must taste good or something, Acorn is a pro when it comes to keeping their ears clean!

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

Oh, Mercury is just acting "cool" around them!
Is he the "man" of the house?
Lol, I suppose that could be it. Mercury is one of the men of the house, but definately not the only one, Trinity is my only girl and I'm afraid we are totally outnumbered by our men. Mercury is the most outgoing of the men of the house so I would guess he seems himself as the king of his domain.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watch him worry all day about them being gone and then as soon as they return, he'll lay down somewhere and observe.
Typical male.

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh that's exactly what I bet he will do. . . LOL Matt actually called me a little bit ago to complain about Mercury waking him up by going around the house yellling. . . .

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Apparently Trinity has been taking him downstairs all morning to show him the empty cage too. . . They are all wondering where their bunny buddies are!