Question of the Day - March 18th!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anyone still seeing green?

Today's a food question
What is your favorite thing to have for breakfast? Pancakes, French Toast, eggs, etc?

I'm not a big fan of syrup, so I stick with eggs and my absolute favorite is eggs benedict
I actually made Hollandaise sauce from scratch once
All it is is eggs yolks and butter! They should call that one heart attack on a platter
I also love potatoes, so I have to have a side of hashbrowns or homefries

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my toast!, but if i'm staying at a hotel i love a full english breakfast.

Funny you mention the eggs benedict Katie because i was just telling my sister about them at the weekend. I had them on my first visit to the USA and they were gorgeous!!!

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm not a big fan of syrup, so I stick with eggs and my absolute favorite is eggs benedict
All it is is eggs yolks and butter! They should call that one heart attack on a platter

Homemade Hollandaise, wowee! A good sauce makes all the difference.

I usually go out for brunch on Saturdays, and once every couple months, I order up some eggs benedict...mmmm
So rich....so YUMMY

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Anyone still seeing green?

Today's a food question
What is your favorite thing to have for breakfast? Pancakes, French Toast, eggs, etc?

I LOVE breakfast in general but my favorite thing is eggs followed closely by bacon.

I love eggs benedict and we have a christmas tradition in my family of having them for breakfast in the morning. We always make our hollindaise from scratch. My mom has a super simply blender recipe for it and yes, it is TERRIBLE for you!
But oh so tasty... great, now I want eggs for lunch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I love my toast!, but if i'm staying at a hotel i love a full english breakfast.

Funny you mention the eggs benedict Katie because i was just telling my sister about them at the weekend. I had them on my first visit to the USA and they were gorgeous!!!
and hear I thought they were English in origin!!

Originally Posted by whuckleberry

Homemade Hollandaise, wowee! A good sauce makes all the difference.

I usually go out for brunch on Saturdays, and once every couple months, I order up some eggs benedict...mmmm
So rich....so YUMMY
Eggs Benedict are definitely a treat to be enjoyed sparingly! but they are soooooo yummy!!!
Originally Posted by twstychik

I love eggs benedict and we have a christmas tradition in my family of having them for breakfast in the morning. We always make our hollindaise from scratch. My mom has a super simply blender recipe for it and yes, it is TERRIBLE for you!
But oh so tasty... great, now I want eggs for lunch.
it really is easy, I just couldn't believe it was straight egg yolks and butter!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I
breakfast!

I don't eat breakfast everyday, but on the weekends we try to have a full meal!

My favorite... french toast, eggs, bacon & hashbrowns

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

it really is easy, I just couldn't believe it was straight egg yolks and butter!
I add some heat to mine with hot sauce or chili powder... just a little.

I make a mean biscuits & gravy from scratch too.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I make a mean biscuits & gravy from scratch too.
I LOVE biscuits & gravy

I make a good egg bake too, with eggs, english muffins, cheese, hashbrowns, bacon & sausage

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Weekdays breakfast often doesn't happen -- largely because there really isn't time to do bacon and eggs with time to enjoy it. Weekends we do brunch, and it is usually eggs and/or bacon in some form. That full English breakfast you love, Susan, is known in our house as "Dirty Eggs" and we love it. We also love Eggs Benny, and if I say so myself I do a fine one. Sometimes I do waffles or French Toast for my grain-loving sweetie, but always with a side of bacon for the carnivore.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I'm thinking I'd love to make a big breakfast this weekend but we're going to a big brunch with my family on easter. Maybe I'll treat myself Friday since I have the day off.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I am still seeing green.

I normally like a quick breakfast so I go for a bagel.
I love when DH makes his egg wraps.