Bunny boys getting neutered!

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My bunny boys are at the vet today getting neutered. YAY! No more bunny hormones! I had to drop them off last night though and it was really wierd not having any bunnies running around the house chinning things and bumping into me.

I'm sure they will be fine, but I can't help but be worried about my boys. . . Any positive vibes for a good bunny neuter to share?

In case you forgot what my bunny boys look like, here are a few pictures. . .
Acorn, chilling with the kitties.

Here's the evil look I got before I put him in his crate to go to the vets.

And here's my fluffball.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!!!!
Poor little things! They won't know what to do without their manhood
Did they do a lot of thumping? It's so cute when they do that

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Oh no!!!!
Poor little things! They won't know what to do without their manhood
Did they do a lot of thumping? It's so cute when they do that
lol, I am afraid they are going to be mad at me!

As for the thumping. . . .YES! Henri does it when he gets mad at me for putting him back in his cage. . . . I think Acorn just likes to thump because he runs around the house thumping and binkying all the time!

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was a worried bunny mommy for nothing. . . The vet just called me and the boys are done. They both did great and they will be ready to pick up when I get off at four. . . . Now I can't wait for four!!!!

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Cute bunnies - how much does it cost to neuter a bunny? I know the spays are pretty expensive
It was 200$ each. Not too bad I suppose but definately more then a cat neuter. Plus, it is much harder to find a good vet to perform the surgery. Rabbits can't go under the same anesthesia and stuff as cats and there are not many good rabbit vets around.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hehe my flemmies go under in a week. hopefully it'll be as simple and nonhassle as yours.

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okiron

hehe my flemmies go under in a week. hopefully it'll be as simple and nonhassle as yours.
You know, it's funny you mention that. . . My vet gave the boys metacam as a take home twice a day pain killer. The dosage is a little wierd though because the syringe is marked in pounds and apparently for rabbits you actually double that, so three and half pound Acorn gets a 7 pound dose and Henri gets an eleven pound one. That got me to thinking though, how on earth would you give that to a flemmie? A twenty pound rabbit would need three syringe fulls! I bet they give you a different kind of medicine for your babies.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hahaha i am not going to sit there and try to syringe feed a flemmie three times each lmao. though they're probably only about 8-10lbs atm. only 5 months old still.