Spirited Away (2001)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/

I don't think I've ever done a write up about this film yet, so I decided to watch it again last night. For some reason I forget how magical this movie is, and every time I see it it reminds me of just how wonderful animation and movies can be.

Forced to work at a bath house for Gods Sen is put thought an amazing adventure including: a dragon, a journey, and finding out who she really is. Hayao Miyazaki puts whimsy and beauty together to create a world like no other. Trust me on this one you really need to see this movie. In fact, I can't stop saying good things about it. If I were you I'd run out to Best Buy and pick it up. It's really worth your time.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/

I don't think I've ever done a write up about this film yet, so I decided to watch it again last night. For some reason I forget how magical this movie is, and every time I see it it reminds me of just how wonderful animation and movies can be.

Forced to work at a bath house for Gods Sen is put thought an amazing adventure including: a dragon, a journey, and finding out who she really is. Hayao Miyazaki puts whimsy and beauty together to create a world like no other. Trust me on this one you really need to see this movie. In fact, I can't stop saying good things about it. If I were you I'd run out to Best Buy and pick it up. It's really worth your time.
This is another of the films that DW and I go see at the local "art house". But you have managed somehow to hit THE VERY MOVIE that we saw the first time together, on our first date. Since we are both movie aficianados as yourself, it seemed an appropriate thing to do for our first date. It must have been good because we were married shortly after in January, 2002. We particularly like animated films, we are very often the only adults without children in an animated movie. It does not bother us. So Spirited Away will always have a special place in our hearts. And coming in at number 54 of the greatest movies of all time for such a young movie means in twenty years, this movie just well may rated the greatest animated film in history.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Miyazaki. I have all of his films on DVD. My favorite one he's done is Princess Mononoke. That's actually one of my favorite movies of all time. If you liked Spirited Away you should really watch Princess Mononoke.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I love Miyazaki. I have all of his films on DVD. My favorite one he's done is Princess Mononoke. That's actually one of my favorite movies of all time. If you liked Spirited Away you should really watch Princess Mononoke.
I love both of these movies! My favorite is Castle in the Sky. I saw Spirited Away first. It is an amazing movie! It's so magical!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have yet to see a Miyazaki film that I didn't absolutely adore.
He is to Japanese animation what Walt Disney was for American animation.

Classic fairy tales brought richly to life.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miyazaki films are great. Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro are my faves!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen it!!!
It's a great movie!!! A little strange if you've never seen an anime movie. Now I really like this type of movie!