*****KatKwiz! - March 18 - Experiment!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying something today. Right now, this is a one time thing. But, who knows?

Part A. is for premium members only!

Part B. is for non-premium members only!

A.
Scroll down and look at the KatKwiz thread for yesterday.

I made the thread title appear different yesterday for the purpose of this quiz.
List each and every step that I performed to accomplish this. _____(one or more steps)_____.

(Thread title must be viewed in The Cat Lounge.)

B.
In what city was the cat breed pictured below first shown?__________.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

what picture?
The one that I had minimized over night so I could just hit submit this morning. I learn something every day. You cannot minimize an attached image and then maximize it and send it because the picture will be gone! In about a year I will use this as a KatKwiz question.
Anyway, it is fixed.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SammiesMom

Leningrad? (adding text for message length)
That's it!
And, although there are two questions today (I wonder if we will have a Premium winner), you still get 2,000 points. The problem is going to be getting them to YOU. As you know, there is also, in addition to a Sammysmom, a Sammies'mom but I will be careful.

Answer: You just have to look for this one. You could have started with Cat Breeds above, but today's cat can be found by clicking on TheCatSite.com logo where you will find a special article on Siberian cats. Open the article and you will find the picture.

KatKwery

Would you like to have one of these cats?

I will answer first. When I was making up this quiz last night, DW came up behind me and saw this cat and announced to me that she wanted one. And I must admit, that article makes me want one bad! But it looks like I have a long wait ahead of me.

Bonus: How long does it take for one of these cats to mature? (A quick 700 points to the first person that answer this besides SammiesMom.)

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Bonus: How long does it take for one of these cats to mature? (A quick 700 points to the first person that answer this besides SammiesMom.)
The Siberian is a medium to large cat, taking approximately 5 years to mature.
That was a quick find!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

KatKwery

Would you like to have one of these cats?

I will answer first. When I was making up this quiz last night, DW came up behind me and saw this cat and announced to me that she wanted one. And I must admit, that article makes me want one bad! But it looks like I have a long wait ahead of me.
I would...but I'd probably drive it crazy playing with it's gorgeous tail!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuleNag

That was a quick find!
Yes it was! Congrats!
(answer is found in same article.)

And now we sit back to see if we will have a Premium member winner today.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mistressotdark

ok so I think I did it...you have to purchase the "glow title thread" from the vplaza
You have been telling me the last few days that I did not quite have the right answer in your trivia thread, and now I get to return the favor!
I also see you have colored my thread for today. Thanks! But today's winner must determine exactly which items were purchased. And give a step-by-step solution (so that our newer premium members can learn how to do this.) You can closely examine my thread for yesterday. (There is also a "cheating" way of doing this.)

Note to our non-premium members: You cannot see these things. Sign up today!

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you're welcome..i thought you needed some color...
lol well at least i'm trying...
I just clicked on vplaza main...
and clicked on most sold..
and I seen the "glow thread title color"....
and figured what the heck i'll change your color.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mistressotdark

you're welcome..i thought you needed some color...
lol well at least i'm trying...
I just clicked on vplaza main...
and clicked on most sold..
and I seen the "glow thread title color"....
and figured what the heck i'll change your color.
This portion of the contest is still open. There is a way for premium members to tell exactly what I did yesterday to change my thread appearance. I will be back in a couple of hours with my detailed answer. Remember, the guidelines state that you can only enter a contest once. (Unlike yours.)

C'mon premium members. I know you only make up a small percentage (a previous KatKwiz question) but surely one of you will step in before the contest ends.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

Ok, I am a premium member but KatKwiz from the 17th does not show any different title to me.
You have to be looking at the thread from within The Cat Lounge, it does not show up different if you are viewing the threads with New Posts or Today's Posts. If you are not seeing the thread title in red, then we have uncovered some new information that periodically does come up with KatKwiz questions, and that is good, because we will get the answer.

What about you other members? (It does not matter if you are premium or not.) Do you see a red thread title for the March 17 KatKwiz when looking from within The Cat Lounge?

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I am looking at it from the Cat Lounge. Other ones that have different title colors (like the shamrock hunt) are showing for me but not the KatKwiz. Oh well, I guess I am never meant to get one of these right.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think that the siberian pictured is a beautiful cat. That sure is a lot of fur though.. if I ever get a purebred I think it will be a Japanese bobtail.
I could see the red italicized title yesterday. This one is red now -- but it wasn't when I looked earlier.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, either my Premium membership is not showing things correctly or something. I am going to give this a shot in more of a round about way.

I had to:
1- Go to vbPlaza Menu
2- scroll and select "Most Sold" (It did not show me it in a normal option)
3- Select "Colored Thread title" ( I see it should show in vbBux but that does not show for me though I am a premium member)
4- Enter Thread ID/Thread URL in and color desired
5- Purchase

Ok, don't know if that is right but it is what I had to do to find it.