How do you organize your Favorites/Bookmarks?

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How do you organize your favorites or bookmarks? Do you have tons of bookmarks? Do you organize in folders or just bookmark away and have one big list?

I organize mine in folders according to subject and then have sub-folders in those folders. I can't stand just one long list of bookmarks
. And then I clean them up monthly or so.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have folder, subfolders and subsubfolders lmao. all categorized with what type of site it is, how often i visit it and why im bookmarking it.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a list - and try to put like subjects close together (like cat related websites, or CFA/ACFA websites together.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have folders for each subject... cats, dogs, horses, games etc. and a folder for random stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. I go through them all every once in awhile and delete the ones I don't need anymore.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i have mostly folders. this is a new computer, so don't have sub-folders yet, but i do at work.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I generally have them listed in alphabetical order, and clean out old links quite often..If I have a site that I go to a few times a day like TCS..I put a shortcut on my desktop.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have them in folders, no subfolders. I don't have as many as I used to since my computer crashed last year. Word of warning, back up your favorites if you have anything you will have a hard time finding again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I have them in folders, no subfolders. I don't have as many as I used to since my computer crashed last year. Word of warning, back up your favorites if you have anything you will have a hard time finding again.
Good Idea! I back mine up in my email by using the import/export feature of Firefox. It is maddening when you lose your bookmarks. Of course, my DH has his own set on his computer... I gave up trying organize both computers with the same bookmarks.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

"Organize'? What is this word "organize"?

I don't have a lot of favorites, but I just use folders to organize things if I'm looking for a certain thing & run across several good websites.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat Mommy

bookmark away and have one big list?
yeh, i do that LOL! i should really think about putting them in folder's, then maybe it wouldn't take me age's, to find what am looking for!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of it is in a big list, that's stuff I don't hit often. Most is in folders and subfolders, divided by date to visit and type of file.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

Some of it is in a big list, that's stuff I don't hit often. Most is in folders and subfolders, divided by date to visit and type of file.
Wow! That is impressive... to sort by date, I never would have thought of that
. I do that for my photos though.

I have about 15 main folders and three or four sub-folders in some main folders. I'm not sure how many bookmarks I've total... quite a few.