Just some random photos of Montana...

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love living in Montana, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I myself live in town right now and I hate being in town. I grew up in a place called Lost Prairie. My parents have 40 acres and a log home there. Growing up, we had cows, chickens, turkeys, and a herd of 24 horses. I really miss those days. In a year or two, when my husband and I have some more money saved, we are moving back there. We are going to build on my parents property. My mother needs the help, I have a feeling with her spinal problems it won't be many years until she is confined to a wheelchair. I want my children (hopefully) to have the kind of childhood that I did. Don't laugh, but growing up for me was pretty much like "little house on the prairie". I even went to a one room schoolhouse until the 9th grade. Here are a few photos of Montana, all of these photos are either in my own back yard, or no more than 40 miles from where I live.......

This one is actually IN town......

And this one I took last fall, I was standing right outside of my parents front door. My Mom has this view fron the kitchen sink.

Ok, I'll shut up now. I just love my home state!

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, how beautiful. I can understand why you love it! (and I'm a Little House fan, so I actually find that charming.
). I'm mostly a city gal, but I do occasionally long for that natural beauty and quietness.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's why I want to drive PJ & Punky to Idaho myself, just so I can go through areas like that!

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those pictures are GORGEOUS! You should do a 2009 Montana calendar and try to sell it to a distributor. You've got a real talent with a camera and you've got the scenery right in your own backyard!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! What a beautiful place to live! The solitude would drive me crazy within a month mind you, but it would be a great place to visit!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you are lucky! So pretty. What did your parents do for a living? Were they farmers?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

you are lucky! So pretty. What did your parents do for a living? Were they farmers?
My Mom was a stay at home Mom, and my Dad is a graphic designer. Back when the ranch was running, Mom and us kids had to do the early morning chores of feeding the livestock and whatnot before school. (Dad left for work while it was still dark out in the mornings, because he had a 40 mile drive to town every day) Dad did the evening chores, and the everything on the weekends. About 15 years ago, my Dad hurt his back badly, and shortly after my Mom was diagnosed with a degerative spinal disease. They had too hard of a time taking care of the livestock, so we had to sell off all of the animals.
I REALLY miss the horses. So now they have 40 acres of grazing land going to waste.

Now that us kids are all grown up, Mom comes to town and babysits my nephew, and Dad still runs (he is supposed to be retired lol) our family graphics studio. We have been in business for the past 30 years, it does pretty well here. There are always businesses popping up that need signs or truck logos. It's hard for businesses to survive here though, and many disappear as fast as they started.

Originally Posted by menasmom

Those pictures are GORGEOUS! You should do a 2009 Montana calendar and try to sell it to a distributor. You've got a real talent with a camera and you've got the scenery right in your own backyard!
Wow, thank you for the compliment! But all of the credit goes to a fabulous camera.... I couldn't make the shots look as good as they do without the right one. I just kind of adjust it to the settings that I want, and point and click!

Originally Posted by clixpix

Wow! What a beautiful place to live! The solitude would drive me crazy within a month mind you, but it would be a great place to visit!
Ha ha ha, yes it IS quiet, but I prefer it that way. The noise of town drives me bonkers!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, thank you for sharing those... your photos reassure me that there are still places of unspoiled natural wonder in this country. That's easy to forget, living where I do.