*****KatKwiz! - March 17 - Avatars?*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a good exercise that covers several areas!

Of our members who have cat somewhere in their user name, and that are among the top twenty posters of those with cat in their user name, the only member without an avatar is __________.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

catsknowme
Yep, it's true, KatKwiz can appear at any time of day and in California you were up late last night!
YOU ARE THE WINNER!
and unless my records are wrong, a first time winner!
And nobody challenged you with another answer. I suspect there are some that want to know the answer, so here it is!

1. Click on Members List above.
2. Click on Search Members and then on the pull down Advanced Search.
3. As it says, the User Name box will find partial input strings, so just puttting cat in this box will find all user names with cat in them no matter where those three letters appear together. So you hit Search Now button and get a list of about 1634 members.
4. Some of the column headers in the list you receive are sortable, they are underlined. To make your job a lot easier, click on Posts, which sorts the list of user names with cat in them according to number of posts.
5.Scroll down and look at avatars and when you come to catsknowme, there is no avatar, despite the fact she has posted today and has 4,619 posts!

Hey, there's no rule you have to have an avatar!

KatKwery

Have you ever wished that you had chosen a different user name?
(Do you have an opinion?)

The cats are not up yet. They will post their 700 point bonus question in this thread later.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I had chosen a different user name. I joined just after losing my precious Marbles looking for answers on why he died. I had no clue that TCS would become so healing for me and the great friends I would make on the site.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, my username suited me then, and still does today. As a matter of fact, I use the same name on most boards that I am a member of, be they cat related or not.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

I wish I had chosen a different user name. I joined just after losing my precious Marbles looking for answers on why he died. I had no clue that TCS would become so healing for me and the great friends I would make on the site.
Judging by today's revelation that 1,634 members have cat in their user name, that might be a first inclination to have. It was for me until I saw how many members already had cat in their name. So then I had to settle a dispute among the cats whether it should be Persi & Alley, or Alley & Persi. Alley argued her name should be first because it just makes sense alphabetically. Persi said he should be first because he was here first. It ended up he got first billing because it's a guy kind of thing.

The cats are still in bed! They will give their 700 point bonus question when they get up!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope... I use the name CatKiki for almost everything I use online.

I originally chose the name way back in the 80's when I first got online. I wanted something unique and since I loved cats and my cat's name was Kiki, thought of CatKiki. Kiki has now gone over the bridge at the ripe old age of 18. She started out as a feral kitty who had a good life after I tamed her.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

KatKwery

Have you ever wished that you had chosen a different user name?
(Do you have an opinion?)

The cats are not up yet. They will post their 700 point bonus question in this thread later.
Ok, they finally got up. Remember, the bonus question pays 700 points and has the purpose of reinforcing information learned in the KatKwiz question of the day.

Bonus: How many members do we have that joined within the last year and have dog in their user name?

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok...would that have been considered a tie (if we both had the same answer and we both were right) since it says we both posted at 10:36? Or since mine popped up first did it technically get entered first?
Wow...that was really close timing either way!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuleNag

Ok...would that have been considered a tie (if we both had the same answer and we both were right) since it says we both posted at 10:36? Or since mine popped up first did it technically get entered first?
Wow...that was really close timing either way!!
I have not yet had a situation where two people with the same correct answer have the same post time. If that situation ever comes up I will just have to let the cats decide what to do. But, 13 is the correct answer! Yes, you should have entered 2007-03-16 in the Join Date is After box. Congratulations to MuleNag!
And now, I think the Members List Advanced Search panel has been well covered and we shall move to a new area of The Cat Site tomorrow to explore.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

From 2007-03-17 11 members with dog in their name have joined
Argh, I entered it in the last post box by mistake...sigh Oh well, I wasnt first anyways : )
The last post box has not been covered yet but will be some day in the future. Sorry you put your info in the wrong box! BTW, it does not make any difference for this question but it is possible that it might have. Note that this box says AFTER so you should have used the date 2007-03-16.Vibes for tomorrow!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!

Out of the people who don't have "cat" in their name, many have their cat's or cats' name for user names.

I didn't expect to stick around these forums, but I liked it here.