TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My feelings.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My feelings. - Page 2

post #31 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
I just went and reviewed the 16 CTB threads you started, Monica, and you are correct, only 2 of the cats were actually yours. And one dog, Skeeter.

One cat was dead, then miraculously came back to life (how is Yoda doing, by the way?)

Most of the threads were started to say goodbye to unnamed/unknown cats that had been roadkill, and there were several that belonged to her mom and friends of her mom's.

I guess that the perception that most peeps get (especially peeps like me that see the titles to CTB threads but find it too hard to read them) is the assumption that you have been bidding goodbye to your own pets/fosters.

Most peeps will only post in CTB when they have lost their own pet, or when they are posting of the loss of another member's pet, so I can understand the confusion here.

I'm very sorry that you've lost Chloe (or was it Cali?) Losing a pet is never easy, grief can be difficult to deal with.

I do have to say, however, that it does seem as if your cats would be better off being kept inside the house, as there seem to be way too many animal roadkill deaths in the area you live in. I'd personally be terrified to let mine out of the house with that high a feline mortality rate in just 2 years!
It was Chloe... I messed up the name

I'm happy you researched and seen that

Monica is a very loving person and give her animals her all
post #32 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
I just went and reviewed the 16 CTB threads you started, Monica, and you are correct, only 2 of the cats were actually yours. And one dog, Skeeter.

One cat was dead, then miraculously came back to life (how is Yoda doing, by the way?)

Most of the threads were started to say goodbye to unnamed/unknown cats that had been roadkill, and there were several that belonged to her mom and friends of her mom's.

I guess that the perception that most peeps get (especially peeps like me that see the titles to CTB threads but find it too hard to read them) is the assumption that you have been bidding goodbye to your own pets/fosters.

Most peeps will only post in CTB when they have lost their own pet, or when they are posting of the loss of another member's pet, so I can understand the confusion here.

I'm very sorry that you've lost Chloe (or was it Cali?) Losing a pet is never easy, grief can be difficult to deal with.

I do have to say, however, that it does seem as if your cats would be better off being kept inside the house, as there seem to be way too many animal roadkill deaths in the area you live in. I'd personally be terrified to let mine out of the house with that high a feline mortality rate in just 2 years!
I only posted the loss of life of other pets because I thought that is what CTB was for, I did not know it had to be your own personal pet.....

As Alycia mentioned, I have a strong heart and care alot for animals.
post #33 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks View Post
I only posted the loss of life of other pets because I thought that is what CTB was for, I did not know it had to be your own personal pet.....

As Alycia mentioned, I have a strong heart and care alot for animals.
Crossing the Rainbow bridge is for all the little ones who have passed on. It is a place to recognize all the fur babies lives who have crossed over. Whether they are personal pets, strays or somebody elses pet. I think it is very special you think of all the ones who have passed on.

I am sorry for your loss. It hurts so bad when we lose our special ones. I have never had one of my cats hit by a car and I hope it never happens. My cats are indoor only cats and I try to protect them from disease and cars by keeping them inside. I have a cat that loves to go for truck rides but he never touches the pavement outside.

We do have a stray cat that has adopted us 3 years ago. My neighbor and I take care of him when he needs medical assitance. She had him fixed and we have taken him to the vet for vaccinations, ear mites, and wounds. I tried at one time to make him indoor only cat but he wants no part of home life, he wants to be a well fed hobo, he weighs 17 pounds. I worry about him getting diseases and hurt all the time. He has definatly made his way into all our hearts, and one day I fear we won't see him again.

Again I am so sorry for your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
post #34 of 45
I would like to add my support and sympathy. A loss is a loss, whether it is a foster, a stray or our own furbaby. My heart simply cries anytime I see an animal that has been struck by a car.

And I agree that the Crossing The Bridge should be for any and all. They are all creatures that have been placed here in our care.

post #35 of 45
Again, Monica, I am very sorry for your loss. I just can't understand how a supposedly young cat just up and dies like that without having shown any symptoms at least a day before. I watch my cats very closely, and I'd notice something in a jiff--from walking different, change in attitude, change in appetite, etc. Did you notice ANY change in Chloe at least the day before you "found her"? It's just so sad that maybe she could have been helped.
post #36 of 45
My guess would be that fosters, being often unknown quantities, would probably statistically have a higher mortality rate than animals one has had for years.
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by menasmom View Post
Again, Monica, I am very sorry for your loss. I just can't understand how a supposedly young cat just up and dies like that without having shown any symptoms at least a day before. I watch my cats very closely, and I'd notice something in a jiff--from walking different, change in attitude, change in appetite, etc. Did you notice ANY change in Chloe at least the day before you "found her"? It's just so sad that maybe she could have been helped.
I thought I read that she had been hit???
post #38 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
I thought I read that she had been hit???
poor baby...
post #39 of 45
Thread Starter 
For starters, Chloe was not a foster or a stray. I have had her since 2005 and she had a litter of kittens that I posted about when I first joined...in fact that is what brough me here.

Secondly, she was an indoor/outdoor cat(yes, spayed) and so therfore I am not sure how she died. I did have DH examine her and he found no signs of anything to her(head trauma, etc) we assume she was hit.
post #40 of 45
also, i can think of 2 instances where the cat just passed, no apparent reason, no prior sickness... remember Davidson ? in addition, i read a CTB post about a cat [Baby Philo] who jumped up onto the owner's bed, meowed loudly, & died. same cat had been dancing around the owner's feet seconds earlier.
sometimes, we get no warning those are the hardest losses to bear, IMO.
post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
also, i can think of 2 instances where the cat just passed, no apparent reason, no prior sickness... remember Davidson ? in addition, i read a CTB post about a cat [Baby Philo] who jumped up onto the owner's bed, meowed loudly, & died. same cat had been dancing around the owner's feet seconds earlier.
sometimes, we get no warning those are the hardest losses to bear, IMO.
Well, that sounds like some sort of heart condition, rare. If a cat was hit by a car, wouldn't you see blood by the mouth, ears, nose, somewhere? If it was bleeding internally, it has to exit somewhere. I just feel bad about the "not knowing" part. I'm one of those "have to know" types and would bring her in for an autopsy.
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by menasmom View Post
Well, that sounds like some sort of heart condition, rare. If a cat was hit by a car, wouldn't you see blood by the mouth, ears, nose, somewhere? If it was bleeding internally, it has to exit somewhere. I just feel bad about the "not knowing" part. I'm one of those "have to know" types and would bring her in for an autopsy.
That's not true at all. My husband and I previously lost a kitty, and we found him the next day completely stiff with no signs of injury whatsoever - he was a perfectly healthy kitty. We called the vet because we were in shock - he barely even left our yard when he was out, and we were so upset that he was gone.

The vet said he may have been hit by a car, and sometimes the only way you'd know was that the claws were scratched up looking from the kitty trying to get off the road away from the car.

In the end I put a few pieces together from the day before after a neighbour said they'd seen a brown snake around, and realised he'd been killed by a snake - not a mark on him.

A cat autopsy costs a lot of money, and sometimes the pain and money just isn't worth it - who wants to cut their kitty up? It won't bring them back.

Monica is grieving, maybe it's best to keep the thread as somewhere for her to talk about Chloe, rather than trying to figure out how she died? That's up to Monica.
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
also, i can think of 2 instances where the cat just passed, no apparent reason, no prior sickness... remember Davidson ? in addition, i read a CTB post about a cat [Baby Philo] who jumped up onto the owner's bed, meowed loudly, & died. same cat had been dancing around the owner's feet seconds earlier.
sometimes, we get no warning those are the hardest losses to bear, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
That's not true at all. My husband and I previously lost a kitty, and we found him the next day completely stiff with no signs of injury whatsoever - he was a perfectly healthy kitty. We called the vet because we were in shock - he barely even left our yard when he was out, and we were so upset that he was gone.

The vet said he may have been hit by a car, and sometimes the only way you'd know was that the claws were scratched up looking from the kitty trying to get off the road away from the car.

In the end I put a few pieces together from the day before after a neighbour said they'd seen a brown snake around, and realised he'd been killed by a snake - not a mark on him.

A cat autopsy costs a lot of money, and sometimes the pain and money just isn't worth it - who wants to cut their kitty up? It won't bring them back.

Monica is grieving, maybe it's best to keep the thread as somewhere for her to talk about Chloe, rather than trying to figure out how she died? That's up to Monica.
Same thing happened to my Booker. We had really no warning signs
Cats are very good at hiding thier illness, unfortunatly.
post #44 of 45
I am so sorry that you lost your special cat, Chloe. And thank you for caring for so many animals.
post #45 of 45
I am so, so sorry for the loss of Chloe. I hope she is playing happily over the Rainbow Bridge.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My feelings.